How do I grab the theme from a live website and use it as Joomla 2.5 template?

cypherinfo September 3, 2012

Hello,

I visited a web site and I liked its layout. It is not Joomla or WordPress or any other CMS blog platform. I have the owner permission and I’d like┬áto download the theme and CSS of it and to create a Joomla 2.5 template?

How would I do this? I own Dreamweaver CS6, and that may be useful!

Thanks.

Without having a deep understanding of the template tags used by Joomla (php, I'm assuming) downloading it is worthless. You need to learn the system first - you can't just automatically convert a bit of CSS and an HTML file magically into a theme. Save yourself the effort and just download a pre-made one.

2. Erlis Dhima

Go to the page you like, and go with> right click > view page source.
    save that code by going: file > save as.
    After this, save also the css, java, and other codes that are related with this code.
    The most important part is the java, css code, and maybe you have to download some images for the navigation bar design or other part of the design (it depends)
    It need some knowledge in HTML/CSS/JS!

Use HTTrack to download the whole website. It is a website copier. You can get it from http://www.httrack.com/ and it is free. Enjoy!!!