Where is my downloaded file in Firefox located and how can I open it?

Liz N April 29, 2014

By default, they are saved in the "Downloads" folder which in Windows is in Downloads. However, you should have a look in Firefox's settings:

• Click the menu and choose Options...
    • Make sure you're looking at the "General" tab and see what the dowload location is set to in the bottom half of the window.

You would need to open a file browser like My Files (default on many devices), ES File Explorer, File Expert, etc. that can be found in the Play Store. Once open, select SD/internal storage/whichever is shown, and then scroll down to free Downloads or Download folder. Click on it and search for the file. If you see it, affect it and it should open in a default app. If it isn't found, click the back button until you see External SD/Storage. Again, try to find the Download folder, open it, abd find your downloaded files.

Sometimes you can go to the App Drawer (list of apps you can select from to open) and there would be a Download icon you can click on. Click on it abd see if the files are there.