Where can I download Windows Vista Home Premium?
Question by ritz /

I am using Windows 7 on my Vaio laptop, but I’m not happy with it. I have the product key for Windows Vista Home Premium but I have no disk. Is there a place to download it?

• Josh

Hello I don’t know when you posted this but piratbay if you have the key for it legit they don’t care where you get the OS from I asked a Microsoft support team :)

• Oron

As others have said, you may be able to find in on BitTorrent, or even as a “regular” download somewhere, but you are exposing yourself to risks both legally and in terms of viruses or a maliciously hacked copy. You could probably buy a copy of Vista on eBay (discs without licence numbers usually sell for next to nothing), or best, borrow the disc from someone else and copy it.
    However, I can’t see any reason why Vista would give you a better user experience than Windows 7, as Windows 7 is essentially Vista with the bugs taken out!

• Jason

If you want to know if a file is infected from a torrent site RUN A SCAN on the software, Simple as that. If you trust your malware/anti-virus software than this should be sufficient. I do this and sometimes i find un-infected software sometimes i find infected software. But its that simple. As far as legal implication’s all torrents are illegal. But so is downloading P2P mp3’s of the internet. Who’s stopping them, no-one, and who does this, everyone.

• jason

Sorry Oron i meant to post in-directly.

• leann

i have the windows vista product key but no disc. is there a way i can make my own disc from my computer?

• tswb

I need windows vista Home premium

• Ben Franklin’s Ghost

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

And don’t forget…

“A penny saved is a penny earned.”

(That’s 35,000 pennies for the cost of a $350 Windows license.) ^_^

• Richard Carpenter

Call me parnoid, I just do not trust a file being pushed around the bittorrent or the gnutella networks.That said, there are people who still use torrent site for what they were originally meant for, but it still a roll of the dice.That said, anyone who wants to use them have fun, but I think I will pass :-)

• Richard Carpenter

Posted in the wrong spot, sorry everyone, I need better glasses :-)

search a torrent.
    as you will you use your own key, and just use the setup file to install it.
    it is ok to do it.

• Richard Carpenter

Torrents tend to be spiked with malware and alot of other garbage.

May be, but it depends upon the uploader, what he uploads, torrents are not virus, they are just a medium of downloading files, it is the data which matters and not the medium, same malware and garbage can be on a direct download site or a friend’s pen-drive.

It is a misconception that all the torrents have malware, the possibility of downloading infected data from torrents is the same as any other direct download site or any other source.

however sharing of ip address and irregular download speeds are the drawbacks of torrents.
      the reason behind suggesting torrents was they are easily available, so you don’t have to search much.

• Richard Carpenter

Not all torrents are viruses, but most are. I have made a mint removing viruses from peoples computers because of P2P software. I have actually seen several Windows ISO off of torrents that have all kind of malware preinstalled. 

Not to mention the security issues in the software itself

In the long run, most of what is torrent and P2P is illegal, and will not be around too much longer. That said USENET will always be around

in case, you want to find possible clean torrents, you can check the skull symbol of uoloaders at thepiratebay, trusted means less possibility of infected data.

• Richard Carpenter

Call me parnoid, I just do not trust a file being pushed around the
      bittorrent or the gnutella networks.That said, there are people who
      still use torrent site for what they were originally meant for, but it
      still a roll of the dice.That said, anyone who wants to use them have
      fun, but I think I will pass :-)

I’m not sure why you think torrents wont be around much longer. I agree usenet will always be there as its anonymous and awesome, but why do you think torrents wont? Is there a better p2p alternative you think will gain ground? Just becuase the content is illegal doesn’t mean it can be stopped. 

• Richard Carpenter

Oh, it can be stopped, that is a certainty.

Just my opinion of course, but More and More companies are yelling fowl, companies with very deep pockets. Something is eventually going to change, The Gov. and Feds are taking a lot closer look at it than they use to.

Also, if most people knew how easy if was to get into computers with P2P software installed, I dought most would use those networks.

• Sonny Bass

They outlawed booze at one time,it is still around. How long have the “Drug Wars” been going on? Still on plenty of corners. 
      Things that are popular with a large percentage of the general population don’t go away very easily.

• Richard Carpenter

I did not mean outlaw it, there are easier ways that that to control the internet. Especially when the US gov. has all the cards.

Torrents cannot possibly be stopped.If they could, they would already have done. What do you think the US government is waiting for?

• Richard Carpenter

In my opinion, they would need the backing of several companies and public organizations. The means to stop it is there, they would have to choose to. I dislike torrents because of the malware, but I dislike losing freedoms even more. I don’t want to see torrent disappear, but it will happen.

That said it may just be replace by the next big thing, who knows.

• Richard Carpenter

Hello, let me ask you a question, Was Vista Home Premium originally installed in your laptop?  Even if the answer is yes, and you have the vista home premium license that originally came with your laptop wouldn’t help in installing Vista Again.  The reason I say this, is because your license is/was tied with the vista home premium installation and recovery partition that came with you laptop.  Even if you get a Vista installation disk and try to install it in your laptop you are out of luck, you can not use the same license.  The only way you could accomplish what you want is if your recovery partition is still in your laptop and it is intact.  Also, you could probably ask the system’s manufacturer to send a disk that would reinstall the original version that came with it.

With regards to being unhappy with windows 7, I am pretty sure that you would be even more unhappy with Vista.  I am also sure that to find a version of Vista Home Premium, the only thing you have to do is search online.  The question you have to ask yourself when getting a file like that is:  Has it been changed in any way?  Do I risk running it?

• Sonny Bass

As long as it is the motherboard that came with the license, and an OEM version install disk are used it should accept and authenticate just fine