How can I download videos from Livestream?
Question by James D. Mason /

What program do you use to download videos from livestream.com?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Joshua Pearson

After months of searching, I finally found a freeware that will let you easily download from livestream. They changed their transfer protocol recently, so most RTMP downloaders can’t grab them anymore, like DownloadHelper for Firefox. But Media Box from Hensence.com can.
    To use, download, install, and run it. Then open the web broswer of your choice. ON VISTA OR WINDOWS 7 OPEN AS ADMINISTRATOR, or else you will get a prompt telling you it can’t download from it for that reason. Right-click the MediaBox icon on the taskbar and press “Open MediaBox.” Right-click that and clear anything that is already loaded, then go to the livestream you want to download from, wait for an RTMP link to show in the box, right-click it, and select “Download By Blader.” It will then open Blader (it installs with it) and press OK, and it will start downloading.
    Sometimes it stops downloading for a while then thinks it finishes, so whenever it says 0kb/s, pause and then resume it.
    Hope this is helpful!

• Wenhua Tao

Hello, I guess some freeware may not be applied to this live stream video site cause you cannot find its real video address, in this way, why not try some recommended available ways. From my understanding, some screen video capture software that can record 100% videos such as fraps, camstudio and other apps to download Livestream videos.

• Jeff Fabish

1. Login to the Livestream Studio.
    2. Click on the Manage Library Tab.
    3. Click on the storyboard that contains the desired file.
    4. To the right, you’ll see your clip. Click the “Download” link to download the file in .FLV format.

Source: LiveStream User Guide

• Wenhua Tao