Why can’t I download or update any apps on my Samsung Galaxy S?
Question by Jake Ibardaloza /

Previously I could download/update apps on my Samsung Galaxy S without any problems. Suddenly I can’t download or update anything. The Google Play store sticks on “downloading” in the status area, and my phone’s notifications will just disappear after 100%.

Before it would auto-install after 100% downloaded, but not any more. What is wrong? What can I do to fix it?

• gbadamosi sikiru

Pls what can i du my s4 is teling me not enove storag and i ave 31 GB in it trying to downlod from play stor

• w.j.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and I had uploaded games from Facebook and since the new year I have not been able to play the games that I uploaded the message states that my phone is not comparable and the games are no longer there how can I get the games from goggle play. Please help

• wonda johnson

I was able to download game Happy fro the market now I can’t now I get a message stating that my phone is not compatble to download any Happy from the market nor from goggle games play please help.

Not all apps are compatible with a device.So do require specific hardware to work with.

If you try to get a browser like Firefox or chrome,you might not see it as incompatible.

• Une

So, I bought a galaxy s2 from my boyfriend and it works pretty good, but every time I try to download apps from google play they say it’s going to download, but it never does. Any helpful tips on why or how I can get this to work?

• Joseph Connor

Apparently this blog does not read html what-so-ever and it turned my useful info into CRAP!!!

Joseph,

You only saw an unformatted preview of your comment. Your comment actually went to the moderation queue and wasn’t published until later. The comment forms do read HTML and the formatting should be OK now.

• Joseph Connor

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND YOUR PHONE WILL BE FIXED!…
    FOLLOW THEM CAREFULLY & STEP BY STEP ONLY!

Starting with your computer FIRST…

First – Connect your phone to your computer, laptop or Mac & copy all your files from your phone to either your – computer – laptop – Mac (you can also copy your phone data to your External SD Card which should be in your phone) – (if your computer does not ‘recognize’ your phone, ‘meaning windows wont show your phone/device – you need to download the Samsung Galaxy USB – KIES & DRIVERS. This address is only needed if you CANNOT CURRENTLY connect your phone to your other device, computer, or laptop. Sorry no Mac’s for this download==> http://samsung-kies.en.softonic.com/

==>>IMPORTANT!! <<== DO THESE STEPS ON YOUR COMPUTER, NOT YOUR PHONE!!!

This will be an up-to-date version so your "Icons" will change – February/2013

Next – Go to this address… <a href="http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201101/20110124222256530/Kies_Mini_For_Vibrant_11011_4.exe&quot;

if that does not work try to copy this address and paste into a new window==> http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201101/20110124222256530/Kies_Mini_For_Vibrant_11011_4.exe

Once the download is complete you need to open/access the file you have just downloaded. You can do this by clicking on the Windows Icon at the bottom left of your screen/Mac users Icon position may differ. Go to “Samsung Kies mini” –
    (if you are computer illiterate then click on the ‘Windows’ button and type “Samsung Kies mini” in the “search” bar)

Next – CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR COMPUTER –

Open the downloaded/EXE file and install. At some point you will be asked if you want to upgrade, answer “yes” of course and continue with install.

The system may or may not ask you to reboot your computer at any given time and I suggest you do reboot.

Otherwise, the phone and computer will do everything else. Just be patient and you will have a brand new, awesomely and great working phone when you are finished.

Hope you enjoyed and hope I was able to help (I’m sure I did)

• ann wax

I’m trying to download the android app for AVG to my Samsung phone. It tells me that it’s already installed but it’s not in the list of apps shown in Settings/Applications. When I install it again it says “this app will be downloaded to your device shortly” but it never arrives. I’ve cleared the Googleplay cache and data store as suggested but it doesn’t help. Can anyone help please?

• destinyjenise

I Have forgotten My password for gmail and I can’t download Google play because I can’t remember my password what do i do in order to get apps on my samsung galaxy s.

• NAIM

I NEED CLEAR AND DIRECT INFORMATION TO HELP ME FORMAT MY SAMSUNG GALAXY 2 MOBILE. REGARDS, EZGHOUL, NAIM

The simple way would be removing you SD card and then going to Settings –>Privacy –>Factory reset.

• bobbles

Cant download or sign in to samsung apps keep getting same message service not available (2000)

It might be temporary glitch on Samsung’s side.Try it after sometime.