How can I download torrents on my college campus network?

Mohit Jain February 9, 2012

My college blocks torrents. Can anyone suggest some steps for downloading torrents when they’re blocked.

1. Facetubey

I have been in your place when I came to college!! I beleive its not legal to brake the rules. Though I did my reaserch on networking specificly . I came up with various ways I can get round the torrent regardless of how many ports are blocked. If you are interested I will leave my email" as I mentioned before its not ethical and I can not be held responsible for such thing but I beleive that some of us grew up and can not really live without torrents. Facetubey@gmail.com

2. Sudish Nandeesh

use ultrasurf. search for it in google and get downloaded it and run it when you connect to your college campus network and access all the blocked sites and facilities including your torrents.... enjoy...

3. Lolo

Why are all the answers so wimpy?

4. Smayonak

Bruce Eppers mentioned that his IT department attempts to get students expelled for bypassing the firewall. It's just a really bad idea. If you agreed to their ToS, then you should abide by it.

if they catch you, you can be in trouble, so go with the rules.

If they are blocking them, then you are out of luck. You have either signed or agreed to a fair access policy that in some manor prohibits them. Also, they are probably blocking both torrent downloading site as well as ports a client would use.

Normal I would recommend talking to your IT department, but they are not going to unblock torrents.... It slows down there network too much (They also probably don't want to be held accountable for the stuff you download)

Sorry, but we really can't help you.