How can I download streaming video from www.rai.tv?

Joseph September 30, 2011

I would like to know if there is any way that I can download streaming videos from www.rai.tv, specifically for this show.

To note, I’ve tried many programs [Replay, Jaksta, even Firefox add-ons] and none work.

Thank you!

1. Joseph

Thanks for the answers, however as for Orbit Downloader I already tried it before this post and it doesn't work

• Mjevolve

ok , so Orbit does not work ..

did you check the Image i posted . ?

IDM , Internet Download Manager easily captured the streaming link .

see where it says -- Download This Video .

and did you try -- URL Snooper . 
      ( a bit advanced but not difficult ..)

• Jeff Fabish

Orbit Download simply can not dowload the video, as it is not being saved to any location. It understands there is a file being streamed, but that's not all that helpful. We see that it says "Download This Video", but you can't "Download This Video" (:

The link you provided to URL Snooper was broken.

• Joseph

Thanks for the support to all the users.

I have a question Mjevolve.

I decided to try URLSnooper 2 [went on youtube for tutorial], however said program is not working for me as I'm getting the following error message "ERROR - Failed to find a suitable network driver". I updated all my drivers with drivermax and manually with Windows Device Manager. Still not working ?!?

For the program itself per the youtube video in the "General Options" tab I unclicked "Auto determine Network Adapter on Startup" AND thus to find the network adapter I click "Auto Determine Network Adapter Now".

Would you happen to know how I can resolve this issue.

Thank you,

• Mjevolve

hello joseph , 
          you see the URL Snooper app is a network traffic analyzer .
          you need a tool to capture the network traffic first .

this is done with WinPcap (  https://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm  ) .

WinPcap captures the network adapter and then the traffic on that Adapter , 
          which is then analyzed by URL Snooper to identify any multimedia links in it .

WinPcap is automatically installed when you install URL Snooper , 
          how ever try this .

Uninstall URL Snooper and restart your system .

Download WinPcap and install it first .

Then Install URL Snooper , and where it asks for WinPcap Installation just ignore it .

restart yours system, now run URL Snooper and set it to Auto Detect the newtwork Adapter .

It should be able to .

if not , try for a manual search of the adapter in the settings of URL Snooper .

if it still does not , 
          try turning your wireless off , and connect it via an Ethernet cable and now run URL Snooper . 

it should be able to detect the Adapter atleast one of the ways ..

try and good luck ...

tell if you need more help .....

• Joseph

Thanks Mjevolve, greatly appreciated

• Andrea Borruso

It works thank you.

I have used the URL copied from URL Snooper as source for VLC streaming download.

cheers

• Joseph

Andrea, I was wondering if you can do me a favorite
          I still can't get this to work a reason of which I don't understand
          If I provide you the web links [so far 5] to a specific Italian show would you be able to provide me with the URL link from URL Snooper as source in order that I may use VLC to stream the download

• Andrea Borruso

Hi Joseph paste here one of your URL and I'll try as soon as possible.

2. Mjevolve

yes thats possible .

>>check here --- http://i.imgur.com/v8nwT.jpg 

you see the button that says --- "Download this video."

just click and you are done .

this little tool comes along with Internet Download Manager ( http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/ )

a very good program and highly recommended .

>> there is one more tool , especially if you dont want to spend money on IDM , but this one is a little advanced 
    --- URL Snooper (http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/urlsnooper/index.html)

it would analyze your network data and look for any streaming multimedia links and then show it to you .

enter that link in any of your preferred Download Managers and Done .!

>>one more option you can try is -- Orbit Downloader (http://www.orbitdownloader.com/)
    it too has a very good streaming media capturing tool .

hope it helps ....!  :)

These applications don't work because the stream isn't saved. For example, Replay searches the server for the location of the video, since a "stream" is never saved, rather only presented, it can not be downloaded by traditional video downloaders. 

I don't know of any way to download a stream, however you can record the stream (video+audio) using CamStudio or Camtasia.