Where can I download a PS3 emulator?

M.Mathi Rajiv November 15, 2011

Where can I download a PS3 emulator?

1. carrol

hello jay. that link u posted! the files are encrypted do u knw the password? pls hlp

2. Dave18412

idk wat u think u know about comp hardware but my pc makes a ps3 look like an nes maybe if u usin an everyday $200 comp its too advanced but not a pc gamers comp

• Carpenter__RichardCarpenter

Ok, The PS3 CPU is made up of one main core running at 3.2 gHz and 7 other cores (SPEs) also running at 3.2 gHZ.... So a $200 computer, I seriously doubt it. 

Also comparing two different architectures is a very stupid debate, as both they both have extremely opposite highs and lows. And the fact that people have been debating PowerPC vs Intel for almost twenty years.

3. narklianilan

but the ps3 games look like such sub-hd poo-poo, i want to see how they look in actual hd, pc games from the last 4 years make uncharted 3 look like a ps2 game!

4. Richard Carpenter

The architecture of the PS3 is almost completely custom. The Cell processor, which is PPC/RISC-based, and would be extremely difficult to emulate. The developers of the emulator software would have to reverse-enginneer it from almost scratch, mainly because the processor was almost solely developed for Sony by IBM and Toshiba... Not to mention it is truly server grade hardware. The closed would have to be IBMs POWER series of processors, but those are guarded as well.

A software emulator is given to Developers, and the original PS3 game demos at conferences were on PC hardware. But the general public will never see it.

And I haven't even started on the size of the games... They don't use BlueRays for nothing

There are some efforts out there, but they are no where near stable, and it doesn't look good for the future.

5. Jeff

My search did not reveal any competent PS3 emulators. Even if there was one, the odds of it supporting the games you wanted to play and playing them well (without lag or crashes) is fairly low. It's very difficult to emulate proprietary software. 

6. Sam

The PS3 has very advanced hardware that a computer is unable to emulate. On top of that, the processor in a PS3 is PowerPC, which Intel and AMD processors are unable to emulate at such high level of graphics.