How can I download and open apps from iTunes?
Question by Rosemary Konotey-Ahulu /

I click download apps. Box comes up asking for ‘application’. RealPlayer is the application, but that doesn’t work, iTunes says it can’t connect. What to do?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Awesome iPhone Apps
Awesome iPhone Apps
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Smartphone Photography
Smartphone Photography
Essential iOS Tips
Essential iOS Tips
Jailbreaking iOS
Jailbreaking iOS
Mac OS X & Software
Mac OS X & Software
Mac Troubleshooting
Mac Troubleshooting
Apple TV Tips
Apple TV Tips

• Rosemary Konotey-Ahulu

Thanks for both replies. I did solve that problem, I discovered  how to change the application to itunes.

Now I have another question; The web page, ‘Makeuseof’ has a list of Apps for download to ipad.  When I click of the download of which ever app I am interested in itunes opens with a blank page, so, I click on ‘Store’ and that page opens, but no download from ‘makuseof. I’m on Windows7. Should I have the ipad connected to the computer for the download?
    By the way my browser is Mozilla.

Hi rosemary, I should probably try to answer this as I wrote that iPad page myself. 

Two points. 

(1) You can browse to that page directly on your iPad, and anything you click on will take you directly to the app store on your iPad, bypassing the need to sync or use the pc. This might be the easiest way forward for you for instant results. 

(2) I tried to replicate the behaviour you mention with firefox in windows 7, but was unable to. When I click to download, a new browser tab opens with the iTunes store, which then detects that i have iTunes installed, and opens the relevant store page in iTunes application for me to go ahead and click “install” from. 

The behaviour you describe of iTunes store not opening in iTunes suggests to me that either the internet connection is dodgy (unlikely, since you opened MUO!), or that iTunes is somehow being blocked. Perhaps it’s not being allowed through your firewall? If you could, try turning off your windows firewall by going to Control Panel -> system and security -> windows firewall, then clicking turn on or off from the left sidebar. 

Let us know if that fixes your issues!

I’m not sure I really understand what you are trying to do. 

If you are browsing the iTunes Store within your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, …) you will have to install iTunes in order to download the Apps.

If the “view in iTunes” links don’t work it is either some association issue (as ha14 suggested) or iTunes wasn’t installed properly.As for opening the Apps: All Apps on the iTunes store are for use on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod). If you don’t have any of these devices you won’t be able to use the Apps.

You should always tell if You are on Windows OS? or MAC?

Somehow  iTunes had overriden the Explorer preferences, Click on the file in the Finder and show info (apple-I). Go to the ‘Open with
    application’ pane and see what it says to use; if it’s not RealAudio, pick it
    from the dropdown menu (if it’s there, or use the ‘other…’ option in the
    dropdown and find it), then hit the ‘Change All’ button.