Where can I download music videos without worrying about a virus?
Question by Raymond /

Where can I download the latest music videos from the Internet without fear of downloading a computer virus?

• Sonia

What is the best free music download site that is safe

Indian music or English Songs ?you can download songs from youtube, and convert into mp3.It will be safe enough.

• Raymond

Thanks a lot your advice is well understood especially Jay and Jeff’s dialogue was refreshing

Where can I download music videos without worrying about a virus?…@redears:disqus my best friend’s mom makes $77 an hour on the computer. She has been out of job for 9 months but last month her check was $7487 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it here
    Ç à š h H ü g é Ç õ m

Ogg is audio or rmvb is video, so you can not judge that an unknown extension is not an audio or video.

A virus can have known audio /video extension and actual audio/video file can contain virus.

It is a myth that audio/video file can not have virus.

That is why all I suggested to downloadi from reputed sites and not unknown sites.
    at least the site itself will not install malwares if it is a reputed site.

• Jeff Fabish

This is the only case that I’ve found so far, and Apple released a patch to fix the buffer overflow vulnerability. The odds are literally 1 in a quadrillion (or how ever many audio/video files are on the net). And, just because it’s a reputable site does not make it immune to attacks, in fact the sheer popularity of YouTube would make it a prime target. (Either way, I wasn’t refuting the fact that he should download from reputable sites, I simply also suggested Spotify). 

As an extra percussion, make all of your media folder read only, or each separate media file read only.. Then the malware writer will have to find a vulnerability in the Windows kernel for processing read-only files. If it’s an “unknown extension”, you’re probably going to have to go out of your way to play it…which should cause red flags. 

Either way, thanks for the article. I hadn’t heard about this incident.

Yes it happens in the rare case, (media files can be encoded to run commands via player)

So now the more possibility is the code of the website, that is why youtube is preferred, because people can only share videos, and not write their own codes.

Raymond, you have to be careful, do not click on any random links in the captions/annotations, comments or any other links mentioned on a youtube video if it look suspicious.

• Jeff Fabish

Easy, if the video is not in an audio / video format, you can bet it’s not an audio or video file.

Audio / Video: AVI, MOV, MPG, MP3, MP4, WMV, MKV, MPEG, FLV, SWF, 3GP, F4v

Make sure you have disabled ‘Hide known file types’ so that you can actually see the file’s format. You can use an online malware scanner, such as Virus Total or Jottie to scan anything suspicious.

• Susendeep Dutta

You can get music videos on YouTube.The link below has recommendations for music videos.

The most popular channel for music videos on YouTube is Vevo –

Moreover,YouTube is very reputed site and many users download videos from this site.