Can I download music to my iPod without a credit card number?

Masha Rupasingha October 22, 2012

1. shaurya gupta

I just download music from torrents and add the music to itunes.For audiobooks, i download them from internet and simply add to itunes. Hope it helps!

2. mohit kumar

I don't know.

3. Alex Perkins

Yes, it needs to be jailbroken, then just torrent the music and put it on.

How to create an Apple ID without providing credit card information

There are two ways you can do it.

First method is from your apple device access the store and for your first time registration, select a FREE product from the store. It will now prompt you to create an apple ID and when it will prompt you for credit card information, it will also give you an option for NONE. You will never get this option, if you select a priced product during this ID creation. After the creation of the ID, as long as you download anything free from the stores, it will never prompt you for any credit card information. However, in future if you decide to purchase anything from the store, you will be prompted to enter the credit card details, which they will save associated to your ID. But you can manage your ID and again remove the credit card info associated.

The second method which I recommend is, go to https://appleid.apple.com/in/ (this is for India for example, just google Apple ID and click the first link, it will redirect to your country url). You will get a button saying, create an Apple ID. Use this link to create an Apple ID and you get the option to select NONE on the credit card info.

Also this url is very useful, if you want to change any associated info on your Apple ID, like the email associated, password, Name, DOB, address, Country, etc. Just click the link MANAGE YOUR APPLE ID.

5. Dave Rimmer

The link that Drew gave you works very well, and it's from this site so should be fine.

6. Sai Kelly

Have you tried a program called iDownloader Pro? Or FileBrowser?

These will get them onto your phone but not into iTunes methinks. Although, 8player can play them as well as movies. I use iDownloader to get files onto the iPhone, or FileBrowser get them from my computer, then 8player to view them. Hope this helps!

• SaiKelly

and no jailbreaking required.

7. Pavel

You can, but your music either needs to be DRM-free, in your iTunes library or pirated (which is not a good option).

8. Dino Pearsons

Yes, you can. You can import any music you have on your computer into iTunes. You can download music from wherever you want to, then import it and transfer it onto your iPod.

If you remove your dependency from iTunes for music and can think of other iPod manager software,then Copytrans manager is best for you -

http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php

It has looks similar to iTunes.

10. Boni Oloff

You can download it via torrent, there is application to do it, but it must be jailbroken first.

11. Drew Butler
    • Harish Jonnalagadda

Thanks for the link! Did not know it could be done.

• Ahmed Khalil

but after some time it will request these information again

Sorry I never responded.. getting over the stomach flu...