How do I download multiple files from Box.net?

rimaz nazeer September 30, 2012

I have a Box account and I want to download multiple files at once, but the site is asking me to go Premium in order to do that.

Any other shortcut or third party apps or other tricks to batch download from Box.net?

Thank you.

1. hamad3914

You can shift to Windows Skydrive which offers this functionality

2. macwitty

I had problem using Firefox but in Chrome and Safari there was no problem to mark a couple of fiels and then drag it to the web view window.

I have still not been able to upload a folder direct in web view - I have to create a folder in Box and then upload the files,

perhaps you can schedule with a download manager but this also will do one by one.

• rimaz nazeer

It can't be done,i've tried flash get and also the FF extension downitall.

4. HLJonnalagadda

Yeah I was not able to either. Did not notice that before you mentioned. I get a dialog box that says that free users can only download 1 file at a time. Does not make any sense to me as to why they would limit that functionality. Only reason I signed on for box.net is that I was getting a 50 GB account for free.

I did find a Firefox extension called Boxft that claims to add the functionality of downloading files from box.net. The official Mozilla download link has been disabled, I only found a direct download link: http://extensionholic.com/.

My advise would be to download all the files from box.net and switch over to SkyDrive, it is a far better service and one that I use regularly for syncing my files over the cloud.

• rimaz nazeer

Yeah,but it doesn't support my version of fire fox,i'll try installing a previous version and tell you.

5. Anay Chaubal

as far as i understand, for many cloud file storage services, you need a paid account to download multiple files simultaneously. free users just queue up their downloads. question is, which one are you?

• rimaz nazeer

I'm in the same scene as you are,i signed up for the 50Gb....