Why can I not download from MakeUseOf?

lawal April 8, 2010

As one of your recent subscribers, anytime I log into your site for downloading, you deny me, although you verified my a/c with you.

1. Dejesusr147

Thanks.... Nice to know I'm not going Blind after all.

2. Tilman

Finally I found a way to download the guides!! It seems that there is NO link from the main website (or from makeuseof.com/pages) to makeuseof.com/makeuseof-downloads, is there? I think it's not a good idea to rely on people to actually still have the email which they might have received years ago... I also asked this question recently but it seems that it was censored without any notice :( At least it hasn't been published yet.

Well, I found the answer here :) Happy that I can download the guides now! =)

Tilman,

I rejected your question because as you see it has been asked and answered previously. However, you should have received my explanation, which probably included the link to this question. Did you use a valid eMail address to submit your question? Maybe check your spam filter.

• Tilman

Sorry Tina, I completely forgot that I have an auto-archive filter set up for all MakeUseOf messages, so I didn't see your explanation. Now I found it! Yes, you did in fact provide me a very friendly explanation :) Thank you! <3 And sorry that I was accusing MUO of censorship :(

• Tilman

P.S. I am very much looking forward to seeing a new MUO website where the misleading design will be corrected :)

I got word from Aibek that they're working on it. :)

3. Taty

Tina covered it all, lawal. We don't really have a login page, only a subscribe to news button. If you are trying to download the original files, follow the link. anything else is readily available.

Lawal,

you cannot log into MakeUseOf. Once you used an eMail address to subscribe to MakeUseOf, you can not use that same eMail address to subscribe again because obviously you're already subscribed. The error should say something like this: "An Error Occurred. Notice: Our records indicate that you are already subscribed to this list and have verified your subscription."

After "joining" MakeUseOf you received an eMail that asked you to confirm your subscription. The confirmation website also contains the URL to the downloads page.
    After confirming your subscription you should have received a second eMail, which contained more information, including the URL to our downloads page.

Either way, here's the link for you: MakeUseOf Downloads