Why can I not download MakeUseOf PDF Guides?

G. Lambelet November 9, 2011

I just subscribed and got your download password. However, even using the password, it is impossible to download any of yor publications.

What is the problem? Thanks in advance.

Could you elaborate on your issue? I've tested in every browser now, so the only time this wouldn't work is if you're running some kind of ad-blocker, no-script or similar plugin (or have disabled ajavascript in your browser settings). Could you check that you're not running any of those wonderful internet-breaking plugins?

When you enter the password and click the 'Download Now' link, you should see a 'Download Link', as shown in the image shown below.
    To download the PDF, either open the 'Download Link' (as seen in screenshot attached) in a new tab or right-click on it and save the target URL to your computer.If this is still not working for you, please let us know what browser you are using and what you see instead.

When you enter the password and click the 'Download Now' link, you should see a 'Download Link' appear, as shown in the attached picture.
    To download the PDF, either open the 'Download Link' (as seen in screenshot attached) in a new tab or right-click on it and save the target URL to your computer.If this doesn't work for you, please let us know what browser you are using and what it is that you see.

• Georges Lambelet

Hello Tina,
      Thanks for your mail.
      I have tried several times without suc ess, but suddenly, this morning, it worked without problem.
      WHY? I don't know.
      The most important is taht it works.
      Thanks again and regards,
      Georges

Georges,

as I also mentioned in my email to you, we have a known issue with Internet Explorer, up to version 9. The current workaround is to empty our server cache, which might explain why it suddenly worked for you at some point.

In the meantime, if it doesn't work with IE, I recommend to use Firefox or Chrome to download MakeUseOf PDF Guides.