How can I download Google Body?

Larry March 10, 2011

This is the message I got when I was going to download Google Body:
Welcome to Google Body. You need a Web browser that supports WebGL.
Try: Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox 4 Beta | WebKit nightly | Other.

I do have Google Chrome. Do I need to download some other extension that I don’t know about? Please advise. Thanks

1. Roberto

Google body is not available anymore.

• Holland Cat

do you know why? and will it be available again? 

2. Khgjg

"That's a 3 years old article about Google Chrome. How does that help with viewing Google Body? "

It's a tutorial for the startup switch. Since you smarted off to Hnje and rehtse ("Did you try the advice listed above?") and refused to explain it yourself. Why are you even here?

You're right, I have to apologize.

To be honest, I didn't read the entire question above. I'm the Editor here, so I go through every single question and comment posted on MakeUseOf Answers and beyond. Lately, the site has been receiving significantly more traffic, which is great, but being the only backup for covering comments to old questions is tough.

So yeah, I skimmed through the question and comment thread, saw that it was successfully answered before and the automatic response to the above comment was to make sure that the previously provided answers had been considered. This was actually not meant to be rude and the respective remark was very irritating, but I see where it came from now.

Had the question simply been 'can you explain how or where to use the startup switch', my answer would have been different.

You're right, I have to apologize.

That's a 3 years old article about Google Chrome. How does that help with viewing Google Body?

4. rehtse

its me again, strike that XP to Vista. oops. 

5. rehtse

I'm sorry, i just stumbled on this site via googling madly. i have the same prob as everyone else, would like to access Google Body, have chrome, but it does not support WebGL. ive seen the "startup switch" solution, but cannot figure out what exactly that means. i have Chrome 13.0.782.218 m, there are no updates to be had, and am running on windows XP (fully updated). in order to utilize the " --ignore-gpu-blacklist" magic, what do i do? i am totally tech-impaired. could you explain as you would to a four year old?

Did you try the advice listed above?

• Hnje

i don't understand it as well. try to be little less rude to people who don't know what startup switch is and where to find it

Rehtse,

I'm sorry that I did not notice what you were really asking: how to use the startup switch. In case you are still wondering or if anyone else finds this and needs an explanation, here it is:

The startup switch is a parameter that you can add to the > Target field in the > program shortcut properties (right-click shortcut and select > Properties) to change its behavior when it opens. For example a startup switch can tell the program to always open in full screen mode.

On my computer, the above suggested startup switch for Google Chrome would look like this (including quotes): 

"C:UsersTinaAppDataLocalGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe" -ignore-gpu-blacklist

6. Lovejoy

Thank you Tina! That fix totally worked.
    Windows XP
    Dell Optiplex 760

Thanks for the feedback and glad it worked!

7. JayeJaye

First issue for most people is to update their graphics driver!!

8. Buddyscar

bull shit

9. Oanamaris

why my browser (mozzila, safari,google chrome)can't use WebGL ??

Oanamaris,

did you upgrade your browsers to the latest versions?
      What is your operating system?

I think you should ask a new question.

10. Allstar_entceo

im trying to add is login and logoff butten to me website how do you do that

Allstar,

I recommend that you ask a new question and provide us with some more details. What kind of login button do you want to set up, how did you build your website and how is it hosted, e.g. do you use WordPress on your own server space?

Click the green 'Ask A Question' button in the top right to ask your question.

Larry,

I'm not sure what you mean with 'download Google Body'.

I could view Google Body without problems in Google Chrome (9.0.597.98). It requires a WebGL supported browser, which version 9.0.597.98 was per default. It doesn't require any other plugins.

However, when Chrome upgraded itself to version 10.0.648.127 I could reproduce your issue. I found that this happens on Windows XP, where GPU acceleration is blacklisted. You can re-enable WebGL and Accelerated Compositiong by using the Google Chrome startup switch --ignore-gpu-blacklist. [Source]

• Lspiteri126

I have Windows XP SP3.  My Google Chrome version is 10.0.648.205.  When I went to the Google Body, I seen the following message : Google Body uses WebGL, a new standard for 3D on the Web. Your browser supports WebGL, but WebGL is not initializing properly. Please let me know if you need any additional info.
      Thanks Larry

Did you try the startup switch?