How do I download an entire site using Notepad++ FTP?

Kyle MacDonald April 3, 2012

I know you can click on an individual file and download a local copy of it but sometimes I need to get the entire site. I know you can do it with Dreamweaver by simply clicking on the main root folder and then clicking Get Entire Site.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1. Kyle MacDonald

Thanks for the help and suggestions. Sorry ZoNi I am talking about downloading my site. What I have been doing is using another FTP client to download the entire site the make the changes with notepad++ and upload with notepad++. That would be a nice feature to add to a great program.

2. ZoNi

It is not clear whether  Kyle MacDonald wants to download (using FTP) his web site or ANY web site. If he wants to download ANY web site, than he can not use FTP, but some program like HTTrack.

Most FTP clients will allow you to do this. If you like, you can get decent FTP clients as extensions for your browser. I've used FireFTP in the past to good effect, but there are plenty of others and I'm sure most would do.

4. Azamat "Bohed" E

I don't think Notepad++ supports downloading an entire site. The best tool I'd recommend is Teleport Pro but if you are looking for a free alternative give  WGET http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/ a try!