Is it possible to download apps on PC and install it later on mobile even without an Internet connection?

anjan July 30, 2012

I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Pro duos (GT-B5512) and I’m new to the Android world. I wanted to know, is it possible to download any app on PC and install the app to my phone later, even when the phone is not connected to the internet?
If yes, kindly tell me how.

1. Alan

Try Android Injector at Harmony http://www.harmonyhollow.net/android_injector.shtml

2. noli timagos

how to install a software using a pc?

3. Nikhil Chandak

if u want to download , u need internet connection
    & for transfering apps u can use usb cable

4. Raja Pradeep

Yes, first you should download the setup files of the app (with file extension .apk) on your pc, then transfer it to your phone, open file manager and choose the app you want to install (You should check the option for installing apps from unknown sources under settings/applications/unknown sources).

• Nauman

If i don't have a file manager on my phone how to install it in my phone without a data or WiFi connection.Tell me the way to copy file manager from my pc to phone.your reply is highly obliged.

Install Android Injector software in your PC to install a file manager app into your phone.

• Ranganatha

Mr. Susendeep Dutta ,Please inform me in detail , since I am new to android .I Purchased fun book Infinity, I am unable to down load Android apps to the same.

I Have BSNL broadband connection ( no Wi Fi) , so please tell me in detail how to down load And Apps to PC then fun book.

You can install apps into your tablet by copying the apk files into your tablet.

1) Download the apk file for the app you wish to install from a site eg: -
          http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps

2) Copy the apk file into your tablet by connecting it with a USB cable.Make sure that you have installed correct drivers for your tablet into your PC.

3) Browse the apk file using file manager that comes preinstalled in your tablet.

4) Tap on it and then it'll ask you to enable installation from unknown third party sources (which you have to allow else you won't be able to install it).

5) Tap on install button and then your app will be ready to use.

5. Amit Sinha

yes its very easy just download the installer file of the software you want to install and transfer it to mobile the open it via mobile UI and its get installed.
    Please check that in your installation setting is not set to online verification of the certificate as it requires internet connection to verify the software certificates

6. VS Vishnu

its tough to do it with google play apps/

7. Dalsan
  8. Roman Vávra

Yes, it is... for me, its simple... Try to download .apk files of applications you want and then install them with install manager (HTCs have own desktop app / Windows), or download app for installing .apk files from the phone

9. Christopher Harlan

Yes, though the problem can be finding the apps. Google the app you want with .apk after it and it will find it if its out there. Windows uses .exe. Android uses .apk

10. Haary welsh

How can you transfer games from the google app store onto your phone without internet connection. PLEASE HELP desperate

11. Reý Aetar

yes you can install apps offline but not through google play just open mobile9.com or http://mobilesunleashed.net/ download apps and then transfer to your device
    there are other sites too like getjar.com just search google to search more

12. Janeesh VJ

the app should've to support ur android

Firstly,you can't do this with Google play apps as they requires proper internet in your phone to install those apps.If you phone,due to some reasons gets switched off,then next time,it'll install the apps that were requested by your phone to be downloaded automatically.

So,the only way to get apps without internet on your phone is to download apk files of those apps from third party sites like -

apktops.com

and install them on your phone using Android injector software for Windows -

http://download.cnet.com/Android-Injector/3000-18511_4-75337986.html

You can also install those apps in your phone by simply locating those apk files and tapping on them to install it.While installing those apps,please make sure that you have enabled installation of third party apps which you will be asked before installing them for the first time in your phone.

14. Âdil Farôôq

yeah download an offline installation package of the desired app and then transfer it to your phone using data cable or any other medium when you want to install them.

15. Moonlight M3lody

Of course you can. You can do this with any phone, provided they have any way to connect with your computer (USB Cable, bluetooth, etc).
    Due to expensive mobile data plan I always download my needed apps from PC and transfer them later.

• Haary welsh

How do you transfer them over to phone

• Haary welsh

how can you transfer them over to phone from Google play.com

16. Jim Rafisura

YES! normally one can download files or apps using your PC and then transfer the downloaded apps to your unit. make sure you know where you place the installation files so that you don't have to look for it elsewhere. after successfully transferring the apps to your unit, you can click on their respective icons and install them one by one.

17. ferdinan Sitohang

Of course you can. Just download the installer, and make sure you choose an offline installer, after that you can copy it to your phone then install it.

18. Suman Acharya

with file explorer you can.

19. Dalsan

If you have a file browser app on your phone, then all you have to do is connect the phone to the computer, transfer the files to a location you can find on the phone, use the file browser on your phone and locate the files, and click on them to install. There are few apps that need to connect to the internet to download more data, but most times you do not.

If you haven't changed the setting to allow third party apps, then when you try to install the app there will be a pop-up to get you to the setting to change it, then try again.

20. Jeff Hamilton

If I understand your question, of course you can do just that.
    Simply make yourself a folder to keep those downloaded program installation files in, and you can install them at your leisure while offline.
    Afterward, you can archive those files, just in case you need to re-install them at a later date (so you aren't cluttering up your downloaded files folder).