How do I download apps from iTunes to my iPhone?

March 31, 2014

I accessed some free apps but couldn’t download them to my iPhone because my iPhone was insisting on the password for my old Apple ID. I accessed an answer to change that to my current apple ID via this website. Now the apps are sitting in the iTunes they don’t seem to download to my iPhone. How do I re-download the apps to my phone?

As far as I know you can't merge Apple IDs. What you need to do is to get access to your old Apple ID (i.e. use the security question or get an email with a link to reset the password), unlink the device from it and then log into your new Apple ID with your phone. The apps should then download automatically.

the id on your itunes is it changed? or just the password.
    plug iphone to pc open itunes and authorize your iphone, then try to download again

You can install and organize the via iTunes by connection your iPhone using the docking cable (or Wi-Fi sync if possible), open up iTunes click your phone and go to the Apps tab.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12115

The other option is to configure your iPhone with the same Apple ID you used to purchase Apps within iTunes (Settings > iTunes & App Store). Then open up the App Store on your iPhone, click on Updates and then at the very top "Purchased". You will get a list of all Apps purchased using that Apple ID.

You can also activate the automatic download of purchases on your iPhone, again within Settings > iTunes & App Store at the bottom. Depending on your data plan you might want to have "Use Cellular data" disabled.