How can I download .apk files for an Android phone to my computer?
Question by Akshay /

How can I download .apk software onto my computer, so that I can later transfer it to my Android via USB?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• carol swift

or you can try this is cool website

• Akshay

thanks,they have a decent app collection :)

• Angela Alcorn

Thanks for sharing – possibly a good alternative. I sometimes worry about these low-key alternatives to the Android market though. I fear dodgy apps.

did Angela’s suggestion solve your question? Please let us know!

• Akshay

Yes it did work,but for a student with a hectic schedule like me,its really long.I was searching for websites like where i can directly download .apk files transfer them to my android and install.Are there any other websites like that?Is there a way to do that from android market itself???

• Angela Alcorn

Yes, the Android Market online does do this now. If you’re logged in to Google in the market you can just click “Install” and Google gets the rest done for you. It’s really easy – It does all the downloading and installing for you.

Sorry, I thought you meant apk files that were on your machine because of some experimental source (ie friends writing apps). If it’s just market apps, the whole process is far easier.

• Angela Alcorn

You can install the Android SDK software on your computer to transfer files to and from your Android. It’s available for Mac, Windows or Linux.

It’s a little confusing to set up, so consult the guide:

When that’s set up, plug your phone in via USB and run the Android SDK (Android app in /Tools/ of the SDK software you just installed). Then, run the DDMS (found in /tools also).

In DDMS, click on your phone and choose Device > File Explorer. Then you can copy files from/to your phone as you wish.

• Hockeymek18

are you downloading the file on the computer or from your phone?