How can I download an Android app to my PC and transfer it to my phone?

Marshall May 22, 2011

How can I download an Adroid app to my PC (Windows Vista), and then to my Android phone? I want to avoid using the internet on my phone.

1. Prashant Palpankar

2. preetha

it is gud application to use for everyone

4. Dharmeh

he i wont instolation android system in my phon can do this......
    my phon is not android......
    so plase rep ....any idea....

5. sid

how to download antivirus full version free

suggest sites,,,

6. sid

how can i download iphone
    apps from net to pc directly without using phone apps like appcake or intallous...........
    suggest any downloader

7. Ianandlynda

I just got a discu-verify email (which I have done) but it has this msg
    "How can I download an Android app to my PC and transfer it to my phone?"
    I am not trying to transfer to any phone.....just from Android to pc!!

• smayonak

There's a variety of methods that can transfer an APK (software installer in the Android OS) from your phone to your PC. The easiest method is to use Titanium Backup combined with Dropbox, since the two combined don't need a cable.

Once the two are configured, Titanium Backup will basically copy the APK files to your SD card and Dropbox will copy the backed up files to your computer, which includes the APK files.

Configuration: Here's a quick photo gallery of how to enable Dropbox in Titanium Backup (the last two screen shots are accidental shots of Dropbox, don't look at it):

Titanium Backup can be found here:

8. Ianandlynda

I have an application My Cookbook Pro on my Samsung Galaxy tab, I have some recipes already in the application.  I would like to transfer that application with my recipes into my pc as I find it easier and quicker to type using keyboard.
    Please help

9. Kevinjameshagen

How do I download nero on my mobile phone and transfer to my laptop

• Susendeep Dutta

For this,you may want to use a browser or a download manager app.These apps depends upon what phone you are using.

Click on the link below to choose among the various products of Nero -

Then you may either want to download trial version or purchase full version.

After downloading,connect your phone to computer and transfer the downloaded files to it.

10. Markapoldeybis

i already download the apk application from internet using my friends desktop and transfer it to my phone. But when i use my personal loptop i do the same procedure, but when i download it, the result will always be in winzip instead of apk. when i try to transfer it to the phone this will not working on it. any body who can help me on how to change it and become apk? is there any driver needed for my loptop for any apk file? please respond me early

• Susendeep Dutta

Before download of file,does it asks for location to save that file?Does this occurs with other downloads too?

If yes,you then you must change the extension .apk to download the apk file as it is or you can use download manager.

11. heyboy

how can i download additional files for game applications after installation using computer and not via wifi?

12. Randymartin

1. Download Dropbox for your PC and your Androide. Free.
    2. Download app to PC, don't run it. Save it.
    3. Copy to Drop box
    4. Go to Android, open dropbox.
    5. Upload the file to phone.
    6. You will get the option to choose installer.
    7. Install.
    8. You're done.
    But you DO need to use the internet.

13. Neeraj

u dont need a file manager to intall a .apk file on ur phone.....just download a .apk extension file on ur pc and transfer it to ur phn.....n then  just tap on that file ...u vl do yhe rest

• Susendeep Dutta

Installing a file manager is always recommended as many phones do not have inbuilt file manager.

14. Akshayasree

Ive downloaded an app from android market and it says its installed to my apps in my library (thro pc) and tat app is in the "my apps" column in my mobile also but it is not installed as it is , in my comp.. what shud i do about tat?

• Susendeep Dutta

Do you want to download the app to PC also?

Actually,the website version of Play Market is to manage apps via PC i.e. it can install apps remotely and serves other purposes.

You don't need to bother about whether it's installed in the laptop as the apps are meant to be installed in your Android device only.

15. madhureddy

how can i download andriod apps to pc and transfer it to my andriod mobile without using internet on mobile

• Susendeep Dutta

You can download apk file for a particular app to PC from site and transfer it to PC by connecting your phone to PC via mass storage mode.But you must make sure that your phone has file manager app installed like File Expert or ES file explorer otherwise you wont be able to see the apk file.

16. Merv (INDIAN)

All are idiots here.. cant u understand what the question is?????

As I am one of the idiots here, I would like to tell you that, 
      there is a software from xda developres which can install apk files I suggested here in the above comment.
      so it will be frompc without internet on mobile.
      if you read my comment.apk files can be downloaded, on your pc.(Are you from New Delhi?  as you are Indian in the CAPITAL :) ?)

• Meerakiran89

Yes . Acutall query is how to cnct net thru phone on PC .
      Isnt it ?

• Eskey

• tanbirspace

yup! Merv-

the Q was hw cud smone jst download from the android Market directly to the PC like iphone apps, where u can  download those from the app-store to a PC & then transfer it to the phone via usb or sm...

But every1 answered it to get the "Unknown sources" apps:(((

17. Hussain ali (uae)

i purchased coby kyros7010 i was unable to install some application which i need,it was not available in there market place but ur advice to download from freeware lovers has worked for me.i am very thankful to u.i was planning to sell that & ourchase samsung but now i drop my plan.thanku very much

18. Fetusfeet

At the Android Market I can que an app to be downloaded to my phone the next time I use it to connect to the internet but can't find a way to download to my laptop. Am I just not seeing something?

• Susendeep Dutta

Android apps are meant to be downloaded only to Andorid devices.

• Jusaskin

No they're not! They're made by developers to be used on Android devices who could care less how or where they're downloaded. Limiting download avenues is another agenda (unless the developer is Google, bless their heart).

19. Channing Anarchy

That's all very well but you need to download these files from the app store and that don't work. What now???

No you download the .apk files from elsewhere. Make sure you enable the option on your phone to download from third party websites.

20. ilman latif

owh i got it

21. ilman latif

do we need to root it first before we can do it?

22. Myk

@ s deep4.. Yah.. correct.. make no sense at all.. 

• Qwerty

Sir, if one has no internet on phone and want to download the file to PC

Save it to your computer, transfer it to your phone's memory card, then install from the memory card on your phone. Roy described it quite clearly.

If you cannot follow these instructions for a specific reason, I'm afraid you need to submit a new question and explain where you are stuck and why.

• Meerakiran89

Hi . My question is how to trnsfer datas and application frm phone to system . I ve gps cnctn on ma phne. But want to use it thru pc. Eg: i ve downloaded new version of VLC on my samsung galaxy . I want tat to be transfered to PC .
          Help me .

• Susendeep Dutta

Connect your phone to PC via USB mass storage mode and transfer the files to PC.

23. S Deep4

I think he's trying to say download application from pc then transfer to phone

were you able to follow the instructions provided above and download the file to your computer for a manual installation? Please let us know!

• Marshall1931

Hi Tina
      I haven't tried it yet. I don't think I have a file manager on my phone, so I need to get one first. I'll let you know if/when i make progress.

25. Roy

If you want to avoid using your data connection at all, you'll need to download the .apk file and manually install the application.

First, go to Settings > Applications on your phone.  Make sure that "Unknown sources" is checked, so that you will be allowed to install apps that aren't directly downloaded via the Market app.

Second, you will need to find and download the appropriate .apk file for the app you want to install.  You can save it to your computer, and then plug in your phone via USB and transfer it to your memory card.  OR, if you already have the phone plugged in and the memory card mounted in USB storage mode, you can choose to download the .apk file directly to the phone.

Once this is done, you'll need to be able to find the .apk file in your memory card.  Hopefully you've got a file manager app installed (such as Astro or similar) - if not, you may have to use your data connection to install one from the Market.  After that, however, you'll be able to install apps in the future using .apk files, so it's worth the download of at least this one app.

Open your file manager app and navigate to the folder where you saved the .apk file.  (You can also use an app specifically made for manually installing apps.  However, I prefer using a file manager because it has more uses and applications than just that single feature.)  Open the .apk file by tapping on it, and the rest should be automatic.

• Natesh

Hey Roy, thanks for taking the trouble to write so clearly on this. Much appreciated.

26. Morris Levy

Go to from any laptop, desktop, etc., and sign in with your Google credentials.

• Ronald_naka

To INSTALL the APPs you NEED and phone and NOT PC.   Have you downloaded the APP using your PC?  Please answer the question and NOT guess.