Can I download Android apps to my phone without an Internet connection?
Question by Roger Lee Hammac /

I have no Internet connection on my cell phone but I want to download games to my phone. Can I download them to my computer and transfer them over?

• jay

hey i have dongle connection on my laptop,and no internet on my galaxy tab 2,so when i download on my laptop from playstore it sends it to mob to downlaod,so what should i do directly download it using laptop.

• Vipul Jain

download apks on pc > copy to sdcard > install using any file browser in phone.. :D

• Shakirah Faleh Lai

I always download something I want to use on my phone using my computer and scan for viruses before installation. It always works.

• ferdinan Sitohang

I think you can. As long as you can download the installer to your computer, and able to move it to your phone, sure you can install the application. Since the installer that you had downloaded is a standalone installer. Hopefully it helps. Thanks

• Dalsan

You absolutely can, so long as your phone allows third party apps to be installed. There is a setting for allowing to do so, but AT&T disables this option by default. If you are allowed to, just click on the file in the file browser to open it and it should take you to the option to allow third party apps to install if it isn’t allowed yet. If you have wifi or access to wifi, you can use your phone to download from the market. If your computer has a wifi adapter on it, you can use the program Connectify on your computer to tether your phone to the computer for internet through wifi. If you know sites to download Android apps from, you should be good to go. If you don’t and expect to download apps from the Google Android Play Store, then that is not easily possible as it sends the download to the phone to download. There are add-ons for Chrome browser to download from the Play Store, but it goes through another server that requires your login information, and many do not trust giving that information to anyone or site online.

Here is some more information about installing apps from the computer:

Should you have any problems, just ask and we would be more than happy to help you.

• Dalsan

Sorry, to clarify about clicking the file in the file browser, you need to transfer the apk file to the phone and click on the file from your phone’s file browser.