Why can I not download Adobe Flash player on my iPad 2?

Shannon Bingham March 22, 2012

Why can’t I get Adobe Flash player on my iPad?

1. Conrad

Yes

Why can't I seem to download flash player for my iPad

2. Ibrahim

Well there is a way to get flash on your iPad you need to download a free app from the app store called puffin web browser

3. tadele

help to download adobe flash player

4. Yosefshami

Why I can not download flash player on my I pad?

• yazzy

Flash cannot be downloaded on to ipads because they have been created not to support flash. I was talking to an apple rep because I wanted to purchase an iPad for school, however, she explained to me that flash is not supported on an ipad because of the simple fact that the battery on an ipad is too small. Flash drains a lot of battery power, so those using an ipad would not be able to actually enjoy their ipad if they had flash. Future ipads will not have flash either. If you would like flash, it would be best to purchase a mac air or mac pro, which is what I had to do.

5. Suvit

Cannot download adobe flash player on iPad 2

6. Tina Hatzistavrou

I need to access Adobe Flash on my ipad3, which browser is best to download so that is works efficiently?

7. classicstudio

Unfortunately Adobe is not supporting Flash player,As a web developer this has brought in the use of HTML5

8. Gharrabia Youssef

helo we need a help .i have tried to download adobe flash player but it was not possible what can i do

9. Carol Ortilla

Why?i can't download current flash player on my iPad2

Carol,

did you read the answers above?

• Ivana

So in i want to play some Games from Facebook,what must i do? Without download flash Player, i can't play Games

And why iPad 2 must get our visa number when we register Apple id?
      It's difficult for me because i don't Have visa

10. Reý Aetar

Unfortunately you can't download Adobe Flash Player on the iPad. The iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch do not support Adobe Flash.
    However, there are some ways around it. If you need it only for Flash Videos, try downloading the Skyfire Web Browser ($5) which let's you view flash videos (no Hulu). If you need Hulu or to access Flash Sites and Games, get Splashtop Remote($2). It basically connects to your home computer (which needs to be left on) and access Flash videos and games and sites and even documents on your home computer. Just download it for free on your computer and connect away.

11. guitardogcar

Use SkyFire from App store or wait until Adobe finalizes their announced conversion to HTML5 standards on mobile (including IPad). Always remember that Flash was designed for cursors and mouse-overs, and was incredibly extended from there.

Flash will eat battery beyond anything else, and malware is easily hidden in the code.

Peace, and glad all the developers will soon be able to port their games to a modern, safer, and less draining technology that doesn't have such device specific needs.

gdc

12. iCoco_de

Apple never allowed flash on any iOS device because flash is a heavy battery drainer. You wouldn't want your iPads battery to last only a few hours.

13. Jim Duchek

Now that the founder/tyrant of Apple has died, maybe some of the arrogance and pettiness will subside.  However, corporate culture is is hard to change, so it might take some time.   

You do realise Above themselves have ceased development on mobile flash because it sucks, right?

• Max

Owning both an iPad and an Android tablet, I really have no problem with flash. It works fine on my Droid and end up using it more for browsing because of it.

And as a developer, Apple's lack of Flash support is getting even more annoying as all of my clients want it, "...to work on iPad." However the design calls for flash and they refused to approve sites without the nice flash animations and videos.

14. Udayohri821

Apple thinks that it flash is supported  people would play game online on site like mini clip etc... and they would loose money in app store as no one would buy native apps then..

Apple does not support Flash. As per them, flash is a dying technology.

As per everyone, hence why Adobe themselves have abandoned mobile flash...

16. RL...

Because Apple does not support Flash. However, it supports Batman. 

17. Carpenter__RichardCarpenter

Well, Apple basically told Adobe they didn't need it... Like Bruce said, it officially isn't supported, and will never be, Adobe has stopped Flash development for ALL mobile device.

Apple has pretty much always had an pure hate relationship with Flash and the company policy is to not allow Flash inside of its walled garden.  If you want it, you need to root your device (not recommended).