How can I downgrade from Internet Explorer 9 to IE8?

Pat May 8, 2011

Is there any way to restore Internet Explorer 8? It worked just great, but like a fool I upgraded to IE9 once it was out of beta. It has slowed down my computer to the speed of molasses in February. (I know because Chrome runs at normal high speed.) IE9 also crashes and hangs up constantly.

Help! There are some sites I need that are a problem on Chrome, Opera or Safari.

1. NucE74

2. Peter

Thanks. Your help is appreciated.

1)type
    appwiz.cpl
    in Start menu search area and then hit
    enter.
    2)In the left pane, click View installed updates option to see list of installed
    updates. Here locate the entry named Windows Internet Explorer
    9.
    3)Right-click on the entry and select uninstall to remove
    Internet Explorer 9 from your PC and revert to Internet Explorer 8.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

• Pat

Thanks a million. I have IE8 back and my computer no longer acts like a zombie. However, I still will use Chrome for most of my browsing. It is much faster.

• Me

Thank you so much, Anonymous. This worked! Now I can actually use IE as a browser again.