Why don’t I get audio when playing .MP4 files on my HDTV but it works on my computer?

Anonymous September 11, 2014

I am attempting to play a MP4 movie through my HDTV via a flash drive and USB port. The video is great, but there is no sound. When I put the same flash drive into a USB port on my PC, both video and sound are great. How do I get sound to play from the HDTV using the USB port on the TV? Thanks!

Your computer, more specifically the software that plays your mp4 files, has different audio codecs that can be read, allowing you to see and hear most video files just fine. HDTV's, DVD/BLU-Ray players with mp4 or other video file format capabilities, etc., only have a very limited selection of audio and video formats that can be read properly, so some files need to be converted to the specifications that the TV or other device can read.

If you look at the user manual for your TV, there may be more specific information about the video formats and audio encoding for the video files. If not, let us know the television make and model number so we can figure out the information you need in order to get the videos to play on your TV. You most likely would need to convert the videos with the correct audio format settings, abd possibly other settings, in order for the videos to play correctly.

maybe your TV support AAC, try to go to settings and use Stereo