Why don’t I get audio output from the Bluetooth earphone paired with my Android tablet?

Sunil November 27, 2014

How to connect BH108 Nokia Bluetooth earphone to Dell Venue 7 tablet? It “pairs” but does not “connect” to audio. The tablet is Android Kitkat version.

1. Doc

There may be a separate volume control for Bluetooth audio in the tablet's settings. If the headset has volume up and down buttons, try pressing "volume up" until you hear something; it may be all the way down.
    I had the same problem with with a Bluetooth headset (mono with a boom mic), however, and while it worked fine at first, the volume got "turned off" and I wasn't able to correct it, although the mic worked fine.

• Sunil

thanks, Can you please tell bluetooth volume control for Kitkat?

• Susendeep.D

When your bluetooth is turned on and it lists your headphone,there will be a equalizer like symbol.Tap on it to see whether anything is unchecked.

• Sunil

Thanks. The equalizer menu showed unpair and rename options, but when it was paired there was no output on the KitKat device , even through btmono app ( though on ice cream sandwich device there was output with same earphone and apps )

Maybe KitKat has Bluetooth restrictions as some web forums indicate , or audio output for each app to be selected as mentioned by earlier respondent here.. Please see what factor is responsible for mal-output and tell

2. Brandon

I guessing it not compatible.

3. Sunil

I have used BT mono app , but audio output for Startmeeting did not work , though Bluetooth file transfer with another Android device ( 4.0 ) took place correctly inspite of android to android Bluetooth showing paired and NOT connected

Significantly the android 4.0 device could connect to same Bluetooth head set for same Startmeeting app

Please tell how to resolve error