Why don’t Android apps show up after I install them on my Huawei phone?

Muhammad K April 20, 2014

Iam using Huawei u8850 vision with Android 2.3.7 (which is not upgradeable) and I have been having this problem since last week that I download an app to my computer and then install it though Hi Suite (default software for connection with Huawei) but Hi suite prompts that this app is already installed even though it’s not. If I force it to install anyway, it says that it installs but I don’t see it in my phone or SD card. Why does this happen? Please help.

Simply try to copy and paste the .apk file using windows file explorer rather than using Hi suite.Then using the file manager app that you may be using in your phone,locate the .apk file and install it.

• Faisal khan

Actually the problem is whatever i try to install it says app already installed but instead dropbox is installed in my phone which i have never used before. And when i try to open it, it says you have not installed go sms pro would you like to install that? i don't know is it some kind of virus? an advertisement or what? i tried contacting dropbox but they haven't responded yet. I also rooted my phone and even did factory reset but it just doesn't go away :'(

• Susendeep D

It seems that Dropbox is preinstalled app(as the app didn't go after factory reset) or you might had got disguised Go SMS pro as Dropbox.

Did you tried factory reset without saving data(of apps) into your phone ?

As far as I know,now Go apps have started building ads into their apps.So,it might be that you are viewing some of their ads.

are the applications supporting Android 2.3.7