How can I have my domain name email address forwarded to Gmail?

Steve Bohne October 19, 2012

I am using desktop mail (Windows Live Mail), but would like to use Google. My problem is my email address is using my domain name. So my mail goes to my web domain, then gets forwarded ISP (comcast). Is there any way I could keep my email address [MyFirstName@MyLastName.com] forwarded to Gmail?

1. shaurya gupta

you could forward the email from the webmail interface or even create an email for your domain at http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/pricing.html

2. Freud Iomc

Just set your current email to forward to your gmail account. What provider is hosting your website? Use their control panel to remove the forward to comcast, and then create a forward to your gmail account. Or send an email to tech support and ask them to... they live for that type of request.

3. Rob Hindle

There are two ways. The best is to go here http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/pricing.html, get a free business account then get your DNS MX records changed so that handles email for your domain. However it's not simple, you may need technical assistance. Once you've got that set up you can also add family members (for example) @yourdomain up to a total of 10 users.

Method 2 is not as good. Ideally it may be possible to set your comcast account to forward everything to gmail. Failing that Gmail can be set to periodically fetch mail from your comcast account (mail will be slower to arrive). You can set Gmail to use your the email address at your domain as the "Reply to" address. Recipients may still be able to find out that the underlying account is Gmail and the overall email routing is more involved so while probably easier to set up initially than method one, ultimately less techically "good".

4. Dino Pearsons

Gmail allows you to check other e-mail accounts through POP.

So, go to Gmail settings, and click on the tab called Accounts and Import.

There you'll see a link called Add a POP3 mail account you own. Now add the login info for the domain name e-mail you want to see in Gmail and mail messages will now be accessible from your Gmail inbox.

5. Adrian Rea

Forwarding mail automatically can sometimes be done in the webmail interface but you are more likely to have better success using your domain configuration tools where there are normally ways to forward catchall mail or just specific addresses. Domain company configuration tools can vary, with some custom built interfaces and others using standard systems like Plesk and CPanel.

If your domain email has a webmail interface, check a mail forwarding option in it's settings and define your GMail address there and save it. However, your domain email has to support mail forwarding (which almost any email system supports nowadays).