Should I use Dolphin Browser or Google Chrome for my Android?

Rajaa Chowdhury September 19, 2012

Between Dolphin Browser and Google Chrome, which one will you recommend for Android 4.0.4? (My smartphone is low end, so resource hogging should also have to be considered along-with features and speed – Model Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330)

1. Derek

That is crap, Chrome for Android is the worst. DOLPHIN BROWSER ALL THE WAY
    Chrome for your computer!!!!

2. Marian Cimbru

Dolphin is my choice but xScope is a very fast Android browser especially for ARM v6 CPUs... You can get it from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stevealbright.theme6Free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zdGV2ZWFsYnJpZ2h0LnRoZW1lNkZyZWUiXQ..

3. Steve Chi

i prefer chrome it is no doubt the best browser there is because of its very organized and is the fastest browser too

4. Drew Butler

If chrome is unavailable for your device then I suggest Opera, its fast, free and has a great ui.

5. Deekshith Allamaneni

Use Firefox for Android.
    I feel it is better than either of the mentioned two.

6. Benoit Rainville

Well, the low end definitely leaves chrome out, but I would rather go for maxthon browser, not dolphin, or if you prefer dolphins interface, go with the mini. Much more memory frugal.

Hi Guys!!! I have settled for Dolphin, though keeping the Chrome installed, just in case, for emergency situation.

8. bonioloff

I think dolphin is a good choice, it has many good plugins to boost your browser..

9. Alexis Ceroleni

Dolphin HD but Skyfire and Opera are good options, too.

10. shaurya gupta

i'd rather use dolphin hd, it provides more features and there is flash support too.

11. Srinivas N

I would go with Dolphin Browser which makes web browsing more smooth..May be Chrome will be for Computers but Pick for Android would be Dolphin

• Derek

i agree with you

12. Aditya Roy

I prefer Dolphin.

• ahmed Fouad khalil

each has advantage and disadvantage

• Aditya Roy

Please share them with us Mr khalil

If I remember correctly, Google Chrome for Android requires a dual core minimum, meaning that any phone capable of running it is fairly new and also fairly high end by today's standards.

Dolphin is more designed for single core systems, however, it's definitely not the fastest. I like Dolphin, but it's not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination.

The fastest browser, particularly for relatively low end handsets, is Firefox. Its minimum requirement is 512 MB of RAM. Fortunately, it does not require more than a single core CPU. It also comes with a variety of great features such as bookmark syncing.

I have installed both, and both a working fine. So now evaluation is on to which one to retain. Initially, I must say, i am more impressed with Dolphin. :)

You might be aware of Dolphin and Dolphin HD,former being lightweight on resources.But Chrome is not so gentle on low end phones.So,if you can compromise some features,then Dolphin is good.

• Kannon Y

:-) Dolphin is EASILY one of the best. Personally, I rate Dolphin as the second best browser because while it's not the snappiest, it's definitely one of the best designed:

On a handset with relatively little resources, Dolphin IS the best browser. It has NO auto startup entries (so it's not constantly running in the background). It also actually shuts itself down, instead of suspending to memory when you close it. The the cache wiping option at shutdown really helps it in terms of privacy and security.

Another browser that keeps getting mentioned is Miren (which got removed from the Play Store without explanation) and Boat browser (I know nothing about this, but it can be found in the store).

My personal favorites, in order, are:

1. Firefox
        2. Dolphin
        3. Opera

Lifehacker did a comparison of the various mobile browsers on the market and found that the best depended on your needs.

14. DalSan Mack

Chrome does not offer support for flash content, Dolphin HD does, though. Both have decent amount of add-ons, but overall web content compatibility would be from Dolphin.

• DalSan Mack

I am currently using Maxthon browser on my LG G2x and seems to be faster than most other browsers, but if you want more add ons, Dolphin would be my choice. Maxthon is great, but lacks many add on features. Another strong browser is Opera, but I'm not sure about how it would behave on your device as being better than Dolphin or not. I'm sure it might be, but I am only suggesting others that you may benefit from.