Why doesn’t Windows read media files on an SD card?

D Hunter March 4, 2015

I am struggling to get my Windows laptop to read data on my SD Cards

I have 2 32GB SD Cards that I use in my video camera/camera. I have been away and haven’t used them with this computer in over a year. However, before then they worked in the card reader perfectly.

Now, although the laptop recognizes that an SD card has been inserted, it doesn’t show the folders. One of them has an additional folder full of photos that was added in from another computer, but any video/photo I have taken doesn’t appear. Is there any known reason for this or a way to get the information?

(I will also mention that if the cards are returned to the devices, or hooked into my tablet, I can view/transfer the video with no problem)

1. Vineet

I will recommend Recuva for the recovery of your lost photos and files from sd memory card.

2. vane joy

Take the backup of your SD card and then format it. May be this will resolve your issue.

1) Find the drive letter in which your SD card driver
    2) In the command prompt with administrative rights, type G: (or whatever the drive letter is, it depends on your SD card driver letter:) and hit enter
    3) Then, type in attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
    and hit enter