Why doesn’t Launchy index all of my shortcuts?

Antonio V January 19, 2014

I have created different folders to keep shortcuts to my programs, and use them with Launchy. Nevertheless, many of these shortcuts do not appear when I use Launchy. I have used different configurations in the Catalog tab, for example indexing all of these folders with file types “.exe” ,”.lnk”, simply “.” and others… I have also checked/unchecked the “include executables” option, I have rescanned the catalog several times as well, and reinstalled launchy, but many of my shortcuts don’t appear.

For example, it does include shortcuts to Chrome and Notepad but not for Wunderlist or Potplayer, and all of these shortcuts are on the very same folder. I’ve tried to find some pattern in the shortcuts it doesn’t index, but I haven’t found anything.

Note that I’ve had launchy for several months now, but I didn’t get to the task of creating a folder for my shortcuts until now. Maybe in these months I played with Launchy I changed some configuration or something…

Hope you can help me to solve the problem.

1. David N

Are you typing in ".lnk", ".exe" into the File Types box? There should be an * before each file type you want to index. Try "*.lnk" / "*.exe" for the directory that you have placed your Shortcuts. Then rescan the catalog.

• Antonio V

I can't believe i missed that! God, i'm such a fool. Thanks :)

• Antonio V

That was the problem. I can't believe i missed that! Thanks!

are you on 64bit or 32bit?? check here for some ideas
    http://sourceforge.net/p/launchy/discussion/766268/thread/99f6f605