Why doesn’t my iPhone 4S indicate it is charging?

Anonymous March 6, 2014

I need to know when connecting the charger for power, did I had to switch off my iPhone 4s? This is first time charging. The phone is a used one which I received from Germany. Please help me. Further when I connected to power for charging it does not indicate in the battery meter it is charging like other phones.

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1476

is it charging or your iphone battery is drained to 100%.

can be the iphone 4S that you received is not fully functional and has some hardware problem.

change the cable for a new one.

Plug it into a computer USB 2.0 or 3.0 port instead of the wall to see if the indicator changes. (Working under the assumption that you are in a locale where the power at the outlet is 110V instead of 220V.) If it charges properly when plugged into a USB port but not the wall, you are using a transformer with the wrong number of windings for where you are, effectively only giving you half of the power required to charge the battery.