Why doesn’t IFTTT send notifications on time?

Chinmay S June 7, 2014

Why doesn’t IFTTT send notifications on time?┬áSometimes I receive notifications after 1 hour, and sometimes after 2 hours.

What channels are you using? What is the trigger event (the "IF") and what kind of notification is it? Some channels, like email, can be notoriously slow (although I have to say my IFTTT notifications arrive fairly swiftly).

• Chinmay S

I'm using this recipe:
      https://ifttt.com/recipes/83847-text-me-today-s-forecast-each-morning

I have set the time to 7 A.M but I get SMS after 9 A.M

• Oron J

Have you factored in the difference in time zone, if any?

• Chinmay S

I have seen the log of this recipe. IFTTT is sending notifications at around 1:30 A.M(GMT), if you add +5.30 it becomes IST(India) i.e 7 A.M. So, it is sending at the right time but I am not receving at 7 A.M. Why it is taking 2 hours to reach my mobile? I also have another recipe turned on which sends me Dollar to INR Rate at 7 P.M daily but even if I check my email at 8 P.M or 9 P.M or 10 P.M it doesn't show. And in the morning I always get an email with the time marked as 7:01 P.M.

• Oron J

I understand. So the problem is not that IFTTT is not sending the messages on time, but that they're teaking forever (or at least two hours) to reach your phone. You could contact your phone company and ask for advice. First perhaps, experiment with other US to India SMS services and see how long they take to arrive.