Does Polaris Office for Android have a spell check option or plugin?
Question by toqi786 /

I’m using Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and it came with the Polaris Office Suite Pre-Installed, however I can’t find any spell checker option for word processing.

Also, someone did recommend turning on auto correction. However, I use a Bluetooth Keyboard for the word processing and I have been told that the auto correction setting only works with the virtual keyboard.

Can help me locate the spell check option, or advised as to whether there is a plug-in or anything? If there is no option or plug-in available, can you recommend a good office suite for Android with this capability?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Best Android Apps
Best Android Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Best Android Phones
Best Android Phones
Best Android Games
Best Android Games
Android Helpdesk
Android Helpdesk

• joe

Which Galaxy Tab is it because i have the 1st. GEN and I dont have Polaris Office Preloaded on mines??

• toqi786

i have the galaxy tab 10.1 [i believe it is the 2nd gen, not sure tho]

• Kannon Y

I can verify that Polaris Office lacks an auto-correct and spell-check feature. It's strange because free programs like Epistle include a spell-checker (and also features such as Dropbox sync) but a "full" office suite like Polaris lacks this.

I can also verify that in the keyboard settings (located under "languages and inputs" in 4.0) you can find the specific keyboard you're looking for and configure its settings. Autocorrect is indeed a feature for many keyboards but even after AC is turned on, there's still no evidence of it actually working in Polaris Office. I can't figure out why, either. It's just really bad software. My other computer is an Asus Transformer Prime.

As far as free software is concerned, the best Office Suite IMO is Google Drive (which was formerly known as Google Documents). It has better functionality than Polaris and, IIRC, spell-check.

Is it available for purchase Polaris Office Suite?
    https://www.infraware.co.kr/eng/01_product/product17.asp

here is the user guide, check if there is the option that you want
    http://www.polarisoffice.com/en/products/androidT_userguide.asp

there is a discussion here for autocorrection
    Autocorrect is in the Android Settings - Language & Input - Keyboards.

perhaps you have to look for another office or a spellcheck application