My was running well and I have used it for video calls and playing games with moderate graphics in the past. Lately when trying to make video call with Skype and Yahoo or playing the same game that used to run fine (Call of Duty 1) the following happens:
- My screen freezes and locks displaying the last image
- My mouse and keyboard don’t work
- My network connectivity light suddenly turns off
- The PC stays like this for an endless amount of time…
- I have to hard restart or power off the computer.
Everything else is running well (web browser, videos, music etc.) and even Skype and Yahoo are fine for text chat. I have updated all of my drivers and made sure that there is enough free space on the Windows partition. All temporary files have been deleted, registry has been cleaned and Windows is in good shape.
My PC also isn’t overheating (it used to but I had it repaired) and I noticed no suspicious activity or problems before this started happening. I know my PC is old, I just want it to do what it already did before this started happening. Thanks!
CPU: Intel 2.66 GHz
RAM: 1x 512MB + 1x 256MB (768MB total)
Video: SiS 661fx integrated chip with 32MB shared memory