Why does Facebook say I need to log in from a recognized device?

billy September 11, 2012

I can’t log in to Facebook. Whenever I try it says I need to login from a recognized device. I’ve tried to recover my account and change my password but nothing seems to work. I need Facebook to get in touch with my family, what do I do?

1. naziatul

i cannot receive my code generator because i remove my old number phone and add my new number , but i cannot log in my facebook . please help

2. berat

i deactivated my account, but also i deleted all my recognizing devices and my phone number, now i cannot reactivate, what to do please help me :'(

3. nijinashokan

you might have authorised a device to your facebook account .
    or you might be logging in from location different from your usual location so please login from your authorised computer or cellphone .
    if you are using any vpn client please turn it off as it may be the reason

• wish preet

i have tried to login from the recognized devices also but it does not works ??? what is vpn ? how can i turn it of ?

VPN is virtual Private Network used to bypass restrictions imposed by a site.If you never have used this,then you don't need to think about it.

4. Revannam Clark

How can I scan from my computer to post a document to Facebook?

Since this is off topic question from this thread,posting a new question will be helpful to you as you'll get quick answers within hours.

Did you tried Google Drive?

5. Alam Khan

My Facebook Account Hack Since 4 month So Plz Help Me ...... that's My Personal Account :(

6. sumaira Khaliq

If you are login from other device,then this message is being shown to you.

7. Jeremy

It seems you (or someone else?) have enabled an extra-security feature for your Facebook account called "Login approvals" accessible from Account Settings > Security > Login Approvals.

If you try to log in from a computer (or a browser which whose cookies/cache were recently deleted) which you have never used to log in to your FB account, FB will ask you to enter a security code sent to you on the mobile phone you set with "Login approvals".

If you cannot access your FB account, chances are the Facebook Support Staff could help you obtain access to your account after some identity checks. Contact them immediately.

• Anny

This is exactly what is happening with my account, I sent the facebook team some identification information about me, but so far no reply! :( Do you really think that the Facebook Support Stuff is really going to reply and help me regain access to my account? :/

No,there's very slim chance that the staff will contact you.The only way is to do something from your end.

8. Lye Foo

did you save the device upon first time login?

• bebe

my account disabled but what's this ?? Form Submitted
      Thanks for providing this information. You should receive an email from us soon. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. please help

9. Akarsh Seggemu

The recognized device is the facebook privacy setting, if you have enabled it, then it will restrict users from accessing from other devices, as in the privacy it stores the location, name of the device which you used. Check with the earlier devices where you have used facebook a lot.

10. Saurav Azad

11. John Smith

Facebook wants to prevent account hijacking. If you use a device you haven't used with Facebook previously, it will suspect that something is wrong.

12. Rob Hindle

I think this could happen if you use your Google account to log into FB and you use Google 2-step verification.

13. Dawud Mehmood

there must be a link that says verify

14. Amit Sinha

the main reason is that fb might have detected unauthorized access to your account therefore to verify your account to avoid unauthorized access. If you have cleared your cookies of your recognized device then write to support team they will provide you alternative verification method.

15. sabaris krishna

you may have to wait for some days to login your account

16. Erlis Dhima

Maybe cause you logged in from different computers...

17. Nicky Angel

perhaps you need to enable cookies and refresh cache

Use a device that you have used with Facebook previously. If you have successfully used Facebook with your smartphone or home computer, you should be able to use either of those (from the same geographic location) in order to log in again.

• Gul

Hi,
      Few months back I signed up in FB and worked on opening a page for my business. Just for your information , I didn't open that page for public as the page was not done. I received a confirmation code via sms from FB at that time.

Today when I wanted to work on that incomplete page again, couldn't access my FB account as i don't have the code with me coz I have changed my phone 2 months back. I reset my password but still they were asking for a code. Then I requested for a new code and I have received 2 new codes, one for the computer and the other for android. But unfortunately the code is not working to get me access. I have tried several times. But in vain.

Just another information, I have another personal account in FB for which I use the same computer. I don't remember what settings I set for the device I used (my computer) for both my accounts but I clearly remember that I did not use my android phone.

Now when I wanted to start afresh using my business account , FB said 'seems like you already have an account' .

I'm so lost. I coudn't find a single workable solution anywhere in FB or in different forums.

Please help me get access in that account. ask me any information you need. may be I'm missing out something.

Regards,

Kindly post your question as a new under the link below as it's off topic question and you would definitely get quick response if you post your question under the link below -

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/ask