Do you think India will take to the BlackBerry Z10?
Question by Rajaa Chowdhury /

With the official launch of the BlackBerry Z10, with BB10 OS, very middle-range smartphone standard specs (dual core CPU and 8MP camera) but very high-end price range of around 44k, do you think India will warm up to this device?

There seems to be a huge fan following still in India for the RIM/BlackBerry brandname – so what do you think?

• prashanth singh rathore

no all are good with android an Ios

• Anish Parameshwaran

I think India will stick to its Samsung android phones since those are the ones that are selling like hot cakes. Z10 has a very high price tag and that will be the main reason for its failure in India as well as in the rest of the world.

• DrSunil Vaswani

hullo

With kind of extremely popular sub-15k phones being released I do not think such price would be acceptable

• Suvadeep Paul

Yes Blackberry is considered as the best in terms of Business or Professional usage like advanced E-mail and Messaging options. However, the price for Z10 is really high and currently Android is ruling the market with 75% market share, I don’t think Blackberry will stand a chance. See this link for more details:
    http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/11/01/android-grabs-75-0-market-share-in-q3-followed-by-14-9-for-ios-and-4-3-for-blackberry/

With a similar price point of iPhone 5,why would any people,business would purchase Blackberry.

It’s battery life is also not convincingly enough and the top executives of the company doesn’t want to improve upon it as they find this capacity satisfactory.

• Imesh Chandrasiri

I don’t think z10 would make a big market hype like the S IV or Sony Z does, or the apple ( not an apple fan ). Since BB is not that much popular with the youth, BB has a customer base of business people.

• Junil Maharjan

I don’t know about india but since the whole world is going pretty crazy on android and iOS, it would be really hard for blackberry to make a comeback.