Do you own an Apple or Samsung smartphone, and where are you located?

Rajaa Chowdhury November 28, 2012

I always feel that Apple is popular and leading in the USA while Samsung is faring better internationally. Therefore, I am asking you to give your opinion and also mention your nationality so that I can match up to see if my perception is right or wrong.

Please state why you have made your current and whether you have switched from iOS or Android in the past!

1. Dermot McGlone

Apple iPhone 4 32GB. Living and working in Ireland.

FWIW, my wife also has an iPhone 4 (8GB) and my teenage daughter has a Samsung Ace.

2. Anish Parameshwaran

iPhone - United States - out of around 20 of my friends with smartphones, 17 have iPhones (3GS, 4, 4S and 5), 2 have a Samsung Galaxy SIII, and 1 has a Blackberry.

3. Jennifer Lee

iphone and my home base is Missouri, however we move about once a year and my iphone 4gs worked in every state.

Atleast seems heavily tilted towards Samsung here. Closing the question. :)

5. Ali Ehsan

lol , it should be a pole instead of a question :)
    Anyway I use Samsung Galaxy SIII

I guess you meant Poll and not Pole. :P

• Ali Ehsan

yes yes,my bad, thanks for correcting me :)

I use Samsung's Android phone. From India.

7. Paul Tim

using iphone but going to switch to samsung when contract ends
    switching because android is a lot more customizable

8. Md Nur-Un-Nabi Tutul

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2 in bangladesh because you already know it uses Android OS which provide more facilities. Android is quite similar to PC where we can customize our phone. File transfer is hassle free which isn't in Apple how far I know. Android cell phone are more powerful than apple though they lack in terms of graphics quality. My smartphone is doing great for me......

Sir,

Bangladesh 'e Apple iPhone kotota popular? Samsung smartphone vs. iPhone, market share %agewise kotota hobey? India' te 51% vs. 2% .

• Md Nur-Un-Nabi Tutul

Rajaa Chowdhury, exactly I can state what's the percentage here but I can say now people are going after android over here.. Though some hard fan of Apple are going for Iphone , whereas most are going for android such as HTC & Samsung.

Although,I didn't have any smartphone,my friend has two Android phone and a Android tablet.In India,although even if people can afford to buy iPhone but the less stock prohibits it from growing it.

Yea true, as Apple really do not have a official channel for iPhones as they have for other offerings. They have a half-baked relationship with Airtel and Aircel only. Situation like this, coupled with a price tag of INR 60,000 almost for the high-end model, prohibits a middle-class Indian to even consider Apple. Samsung has a huge range and they have Android offerings starting from INR 6,500 to INR 50,000 suiting every budget. No wonder, Samsung has garnered 51% of the smartphone market-share in India while Apple only managed a dismal 2%.

10. Minhaj Jayafar

I think apple is better than samsug,apple is apple it has its value..................... n samsungs phones r identical................

• maria

I think apple is better than samsug,apple is apple it has its value

can't agree any more.

i want to get an iPhone.

11. Jan Fritsch

I would say it's a general misperception.

I also feel that 2 out of 3 people have an iPhone in their pocket wherein the market share clearly shows that the iPhone is not the top tier.

The difference is that there is e.g. a multitude of Samsung smartphones wherein only "limited" iPhone versions.
    When you see an iPhone (be it 3G, 4, 4S ...) you know it's Apple right away and while you may recognize the Samsung Galaxy line there are a lot of others you won't identify as being Samsung phones.

Android phone always. Samsung & HTC are some good choices for Android phones.

13. Qin Tang

The Android, I'm using now, Samsung is a good choice. It's much cheaper and you can get what you want. And I will consider the Windows phone if I want to change my smartphone.

HTC One X and living in Sweden.
    Why HTC? Because I'm not an Apple fan boy.

15. Rakesh Mishra

just use andoid it is the best and ice-cream the latest version of android is the best apart from all mobile OS

16. Micheal

samsung SIII. now working in china. but will soon go back to us. i love android smartphones and obviously, samsung is one of the best.