Do you have any questions or comments regarding our new Login system at MakeUseOf?

Tina Sieber July 1, 2013

Points from your old account will be transferred if you follow the instructions at the login page. Please read carefully.

If you have additional questions or comments, please post them below and we will get right to them.

1. Sarah L

First of all, log in is really difficult. Like one minute I was logged in, the next minute I was logged out automatically...

Secondly, are we not allowed to change profile photo? I am stuck with a black profile photo, although I am fine with it, it would be great to have the option to change it (might be great to be able to edit the whole profile as well!). Seen other users with different profile photos.

2. Mark B

My comment? - I've never ever used a website which comes anywhere close to being a difficult to log in to as makeuseof. I'm a regular (daily) reader, but I've put off trying to re-log in to comment for months now. Tonight I decided to Make It Happen. What a palaver! Perhaps made worse because I'm using Chrome for Android? The login page is some sort of horrible pop-up which does not screen-wrap, which cannot be moved, which does not scroll with the underlying page. So logging in is guess work. And there's no "help" or "FAQ" or "support", even though MakeUseOfAnswers clearly indicates that there's load of users also having problems. In the end I had to create new account even though I had previously registered with Android and/or Google and/or Google+

Suggestion for makeuseof article - the web and login technology underlying makeuseof and why it's so different to other sites and why it's so problematical.

3. Christine S

will the system ever straighten itself out? i see some old questions or comments in my profile now, but points and emails are still screwie. i am sticking with just signing in with facebook, which is new to me because it still is not recognizing me with my email address. i am terribly sorry if i am bothersome. wishing all the best with the new system.
    christine

4. Ramandeep S

@MakeUseOf_TechGuy In my previous comment with username '1hegame' you've asked me to create a new account. I did it and followed MUO on twitter. And what 'old address' you are talking about? I'm having 1hegame as my username until now with email I've used with my current account. If you want to know any previous email addresses, unfortunately I've forgotten them. A bit I remember it was coolweather@myopera or makeuseof@mailinator if it is.

5. Muhammad F

well i cannot sign in using yahoo like i used to for asking questions. And it's new and awesome but... well you guys made it, you must have thought something before implementing it right? so its always OK with me :)

6. Indronil M

I have got two accounts in muo both having same recent activities but different points how to fix it

recently used my fb account to log in
    after that deleted my fb account and opened a new one
    and used it to log in
    both had the same email id

now when I logged in all my recent activities are there but points were shown 0
    then I opened the previous fb account (that was deactivated and scheduled to be deleted ) and used it for logging in things are all right
    but now I have two accounts having same details and recent activities but different points ..is there a way to merge these accounts to one and login using a email id and password?
    as when I use my email id it showed invalid but earlier (in the old profile) I could use any id live/yahoo/google/facebook to login but now emails are shown invalid..

7. Glenn O

I was using my yahoo id to log in before + email address to download pdf's before that
    the new system made me sign up using the same email
    as it did not exist when following the instructions even tho i have a
    "We received your request for subscription to MakeUseOf" dated 5 Aug 2012

and a few "You've successfully entered our_____ giveaway"
    emails at same the few points that i had are of course gone as well

8. Osama Javaid

I can't login into new system...

• Susendeep D

Simply follow the instructions listed when you see after clicking on the Log In Button.

9. Emma

I'm one of those who cannot log in with their twitter accounts, which is a bummer. It is possible that I have changed my email address since joining in with twitter, but I cannot remember for certain. Luckily I didn't have anything very important (nor many points) in that account, but it's a shame the transition doesn't work as intended.

10. Shakirah L

The new login system made me confused too. How to logout? I wonder why I never received any points for commenting,answering questions or sharing articles. Oh,this problem occurred before the new login system applied but my points do reduced after claiming reward last month. It happened since a year ago.

• Matt Smith

You can log out by clicking the "not you?" link under your profile image when you're at the Rewards main menu.

11. Tejas S

How do I change the E-mail ID linked to my account?

• Matt Smith

Changing your account's email address isn't supported, I'm afraid.

12. Md Mukhtar M

I Still didn't got my points back.

13. Md Mukhtar M

I Still didn't got my points back.

• Matt Smith

Please email mattsmith@makeuseof.com with the user name and address of your former account.

14. Jamil A

I could not login with my old username and password. I had to register afresh. Now, I find that all my earned points are gone and worse is that I cannot find the way to earn points.

15. Alan W

Lets hope that MUO dosnt follow the Microsoft track of "If it isnt broken, how can we break it"

• Kamil K

LOL - I agree :)

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

It was broke.

• Alan W

It is broke you mean!

16. Mohammad Hamzani S

forgive me if similiar question were ak above. but, the new interface make me at lost when i can track my recent activity or posting and the reward i enter. it also appear that e mail notification about reward taht we join also have cease to send to us. so im lost track of what reward i enter and what not.... the new interface also sometime take long to load since im using public pc that low spec. so, it no user freindly like usual.

17. 1hegame

Here's my problem - I can't login. When they say "if you used twitter to login previously then click here to generate a new password", I click that link and message appears "forgot your password huh?" But I didn't forgot my PW. Now when I click "Reset your password" it says invalid email address but I was using that email address with my twitter account and same used with this comment. And it is saying so today. Previously when I tried, it didn't even said that the email is invalid. I was just going on clicking the button "Reset your password" and nothing was happening. MUO needs to be strong and reliable.
    http://i.imgur.com/fmkBMt0.jpg

More: "Be sure to use the email address you originally used to sign up for an account, not one you added later on." - Tina Sieber. But I forgot and also deleted that email address account. Now what?

-------
    PS I will be unable to reply for 6 days.

• Mindy

I'm having a similar problem. I read far more often than I comment, so I'm a little hazy on the details, but to the best of my memory:
      - Most recently, I've been logging in with Twitter. I think MUO was using Gigya or something similar.
      - I *think* I had an MUO account before MUO switched to Gigya, and the email address associated with that account was different than the email address associated with my Twitter account. Either that, or I manually changed the address at some point (from my Twitter email to a MUO-specific email).

When I try to convert my account now, though, MUO does not recognize either of the two email address -- "Invalid email address".

One of the addresses has a special character (myemail+makeuseof@gmail.com). I don't know if that could be contributing. I hope not, since special characters were allowed before, but some systems still don't support them.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

If it doesnt recognize your email or you need to create a new account if you no longer have access to the old email address, just create a new account, get some points on it (need you to have >0 to show up in the admin system), let me know the old address, the new address, and I can transfer things over.

Unfortunately, I can't change the email address associated with all your previous comments or question etc, so although you can get your points back, if you address changes then you'll no longer be able to access records of previous comments etc from the new profile page.

18. Macwitty

I can still not log in. Nothing happens when I press the new blue "Log in!"-button Tried to clean the cache, deleted all add-ons and so on but I can still not log in. Use Opera and Mac OSX 10.6.8.

Tried with Chrome but not cleaned cache as I need the setting.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Make sure you're not blocking third party cookies or scripts. Send a screenshot of your chrome browser to me, maybe I can identify the issue. I can;t help with opera I'm afraid, that's a little too niche.

19. Avish K

The new system looks cleaner. However I have the following questions
    1) How do you edit your profile? Say I want to change my email address or if I have a new google+ account how do I link those.

2) Also I used to be able to log in with my email. That did not seem to work now. Only way I can log in is through facebook it seems. Why is that?

• Tina Sieber

Re 1:
      James is working on making the profile more customizable, as far as that is possible.

Re 2:
      What do you mean with log in with your email? Did you log in with your Google or Yahoo email account?
      You can still sign up with your email address. And if you previously had an account with that address, follow the instructions to create a temporary password, which will let you reclaim the points from your old account.

20. christinessgriffin

ok so its been a few days and here are my results of new login procedures:
    my tablet only lets me sign in with facebook, when i click the blue reset to have a new password generated through google it does nothing, click,click,click
    same with my phone just worse cause even though i have a huge screen on my dna it doesnt show me everything. the actual makeuseof pages are fine, its whoever your using as the resetter their box sucks. so i started over by scratch on the points no big deal i like the challenge
    on my netbook, i was finally able to try and generate a new password with my gmail, however it did not recognize my primary email i use with makeuseof, i have a secondary that was mixed in awhile back, thought the problem was resolved but i guess you guys like my secondary email better cause its saying my primary is invalid.ok lastly when i did receive the temporary password i thought i would be able to reset with my own, i did not see an option for that. oh and one more thing i did not want to have multiple sign ins and be a cheater cheater pumpkin eater and get 50 pts for twitter with my email account so i decided to heck with it i will just stick with the face login, and this might be on my end but from my netbook, laptop whatever running on chrome i cant login with face now. so if your not thoroughly confused, i sure the heck am. if you would be so kind as to tell me how to login with face on my laptop, than i will just use that for all three devices. jeez i just gave myself a headache. forever in your debt, christine

21. Dr.sunil V

Photo if allowed would be easy to clarify

22. Sarah Lam`

I cannot reset password. I use the email associated with Twitter (I logged in using Twitter previously) and MUO told me "invalid email address". I have checked the Twitter "app" section and MUO is already given access a long time ago and I didn't revoke access. Any solution?

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Create a new account, share something so you have at least 10 points, then email james@ this domain and I'll sort out getting your old points back.

23. Omstavan S

Am facing a lot of problems with points(not getting them a lot of times), failing to log in using Opera browser(tried clearing cookies and no adblocker/pop up blocker in use). Help me.

with the new system getting points are more challenge compared to past system, If have problems with Opera contact makeuseof directly. I dont use Opera so cant help.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Have you tried another browser? I'm afraid I can't help with configuring Opera = perhaps you're blocking third party cookies or scripts?

24. Rajaa C

I have a few queries as follows:

1. Where did my previous points go? Now I have only 50 points. I used the FaceBook login and next it asked for a verification with my Facebook email login showing alongwith an advice that I would start getting the newsletter on that email once I verify. I did not want that and therefore changed it to my yahoo email, as I already have the newsletter subscribed to it. Never received any verification email on it, and neither has my previous points got accumulated.

2. Kinda feeling stupid asking it, but ya, where is the logout link once I am logged in in MUO.

3. The new login and the giveaway links seems to be heavier and expect a better bandwidth to work. So has MUO stopped considering it's followers in developing countries where internet bandwidth is still a challenge.

good question about the new interface bandwidth usage

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

1. Email me from the same email as you used before and do now, and I'll trasnfer points.
      2. Click profile, click "not you?". I'll update with a logout link soon.
      3. I dont think thats a valid statement, actually.

• Matt S

1) If you still have problems with points please email your full user name and account email address to mattsmith@makeuseof.com.

2) To logout click the "not you?" link under your profile picture in Overview.

3) Bandwidth usage wasn't meant to go up, but I can't say we made minimal bandwidth use a high priority. Any problem in that regard is unintentional, but also not something we can easily change.

• Rajaa C

I am fedup and totally flustered with the new login and giveaway system. Started missing the old simple system. Kindly consider people like me whose IQ level has a lot to be desired. :)

25. Chris M

A question about the question posting. I noticed Bruce E post a hyperlink in an answer to another question. Is there a tutorial how to do that?

• Chinmay S

Maybe its possible with html anchor tag.
      Ex - "Google"

• Chinmay S

I was giving you a example but now that example itself was posted as a link. Just search for anchor tag on google and then you will be able to do that.

• Max K

Try a backward .
      MakeUseOf

26. Leland W

I miss the old way of being able to see the last 25 comments or answers I gave users. I would prefer to have a way to see all the answers or comments I have made but it was generally enough to be useful. Also, my account was in limbo for two days which made me feel disconnected from the site and was also two days of lost points. But at least I am back now. My one major hope is that the new system is more reliable with less issues but I have not used it long enough to comment on that yet.

• Leland W

Alright I have some issues. I have been using the Aurora and I updated to 24.0a2 today. I have found the site seems to work fine in Firefox 23.0 beta but has issues with the Aurora. I tried changing the User Agent but still no go. I also deleted the cookie and wiped the cache. So far it only works on one browser. Can it only be left logged into one browser at a time? If so this is a major problem as I access the site between 3-5 different sites a week. I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.

PS Don't tell me to use a different browser. I like Firefox and am not looking to switch.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Aurora is pre-beta, please don't expect things to work in software of alpha release. Perhaps it's the new do-not-track settings?

• Dr.sunil V

Pl note

If photo or snap shot is allowed it would be easy to clarify question and answer

27. catester

Thanks, Jan. I have done all that. I did that all last night. I did it again just now. That does not work. I never get a password reset email in the account associated with Twitter. And yes, I have checked the Spam folder. It's a gmail account, so my ISP isn't throwing it out before it gets there --- it never gets there. I have tried asking for a password reset with that email address, and I get a message that the address is unrecognized. Two different computers, one Android phone. I'm spending way too much time on this.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Make a new account, tell me your old address, I'll make sure your points get added.

• C E

I created a new account with email address cate dot eales at gmail dot com. Can I please have my catester name back?

28. Kamil K

Hi, I too cannot log in - partially :) I use the e-mail and password method and no problem with Chrome. In Firefox, the error stating wrong e-mail or password appears. I also noticed that the left of where I log-in (the prize icons) appear fine in Chrome but keep loading in Firefox. Both browsers have MakeUseOf whitelisted in Ghostery.

• Kamil K

Cancel this problem - it was a Ghostery configuration.

29. Omstavan S

Quite a lot of times no pop up comes and no points are given, and i am sure that i haven't reached the daily limit because many times after that i get points for sharing another page! please ensure this!

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Sharing is rewarded once per day.

• Matt S

The limit for sharing is once per day.

30. catester

I can't lo in at all. I'm pretty good at this stuff, but I can't log in at all. I spent 15 minutes last night trying, and my email address wasn't recognized so it wouldn't let me reset a password. I tried on a different computer this morning. I'm just trying to "create an account with email" or however that goes. Because what could be the problem with that if my email address isn't recognized? But now I'm getting some error that I can't even see because the popup box cuts off the bottom of the message and there doesn't seem to be any way to scroll. I used to log in with Twitter, which was really no trouble at all once the accounts connected. I get that you're changing that, but come on, man!

• Jan F

If you previously used Twitter you should select the second option to generate a new password and then input the email-address assigned to your Twitter account.

Then you should receive an email with an temporary password which you can use to set a new one.

Make sure to enable third-party cookies as this caused some issues for myself when I was at this step.

31. Vipul J

This new login seems less of a hassle and looks good too :p

• Rajaa C

Really??? I beg to differ. :)

32. Meilin D

I like the new interface, feeling like using the Mac software.But it is not convenient to login in as before, and the facebook login button is king of big.

33. Andy P

1. Where did the profile go? all I see is my (nonexistent, I care not) points/rewards.
    2. Can you add an option to lose the "preschool interface"? I understand its easier for phone & tablet users, but its neither responsive or adaptive for desktop users. It's worse than gmail. I really don't want to see an entire 17" screen of white space, 1" borders around everything, and triple-spacing between lines of text.
    3. The "alcoholics anonymous" usernames are stupid. Privacy? Really? Logging in with Facebook? come on.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

1. We'll be adding profile back soon.
      2. I'll tell our designer.
      3. no idea what you mean.

34. James Ezell

I've completely lost my account. Tried logging in with Facebook and the system gives me a new account thought it might be though another service or log in via email. email not recognized. I had almost 2k points saved up along with stats.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Create a new account, tell me the old address (shoto an email to james@ makeuseof) and I'll make sure your points go back.

• Matt S

If you are still having a problem please email your full user name and email to mattsmith@makeuseof.com

35. Dimal C

Quite frankly I was a fan of the old system! was easy and took less bandwidth I guess! What I noticed in the new system was when I like a certain article, the system sometimes recognizes it and sometimes it doesn't. If you can look into this, it would be great!

And I visited the rewards program and was disappointing to see that all of the rewards were gone and only two software rewards were there! :( I hope you guys would give more software rewards in the future! :)

• Matt S

Don't worry we still have the same software rewards. Importing them just wasn't as easy as flipping a switch. Most of them should now be live again.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Probably you're hitting the daily limit. You can only get sharing points for networks once per day.

36. Dr.sunil V

Pl note

I was ranker before new log in

But now my rank is low

Do you mean points? There is no rank now.

• Dr.sunil V

That sounds good decision

37. Kamil K

I don't know if this has to anything to due with new new system, but my question never seems to stay "resolved". I click the green check-mark but it unchecks itself later in the day.

38. Sam K

well ur new system is broke. No way to use and get my old twitter profile.

also whr are my other 2 comments? deleted or queued for moderation.

39. Sam K

I used to login using my twitter profile. But today even after following the instructions no NEW TEMPORARY PASSWORD was generated. So does that mean I have lost all my previous stuff? If not how to get back to the old login/stuffs?

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Create a new account, send me an email james@ this domain with your old address, I can make sure you get your points back.

• Matt S

If you are still having a problem please email your full user name and email address to mattsmith@makeuseof.com

why not as past (logging system) logging from twitter or faceboot do not post the user name (twitter/facebook) because logging is from social sites.

• Matt S

I'm not sure what you mean, can you clarify?

well before with the previous login system my displayed name was ha14 because i used to login with twitter, now i cant have the option display ha14.

41. Lisa Santika O

I'm a bit surprised, but I suppose the changes are nice. My points are intact though I can only see two software offerings. The interface is cleaner and I like that I can set different password to login rather than using my email password. What I miss will probably be back in the coming weeks, so in conclusion, the new system is promising.

• Kamil K

I agree :)

42. Craig C

my second question (although related to both the old and new system) why can't i change my name? i log in via facebook and can't see anywhere on the profile or anything to change my name, first it used my FB name, not it uses my FB name but just with first name and last name initialled? again, not a major problem just would be nice if i could change it to what i want.

Name changing isn't currently supported, but may be added in the following months. It's just a little low on the priority list right now.

Since we had so many complaints about full names being displayed, I've adjusted it to use only the initial of surname.

43. Craig C

yes! what even is the difference :S. i got told "oh it's changing so this that they other, transfer of points etc" (paraphrasing, clearly). so i was thinking am i going to have to set up a new account, do i just need to sign in again, can i not sign in through facebook anymore, i'm gonna have to accept a new app on facebook next time i long in.

or things along those lines. then i come on makeuseof and i'm still logged in (i do have the new style profile etc). so i don't get what the big deal was.

if anything... i thought you would have sorted out that log in delay (assuming it's a delay between page load and cookie reading) that happened when you loads the page and it says you're not logged in then 'pops' to being logged in a few seconds later. not a major problem, just a bit irritating sometimes.

so yeah my question is what's the big deal because nothing really bothered me and everything just works the same with a different look? (or perhaps you're just too slick and seamless for me to notice the change over)

;)

44. Chinmay S

Now all my comments doesn't have profile picture. Also i am only seeing first character of my surname. How to bring full name back?

For privacy reasons I set first name + initial only. For profile picture, please make sure you have a gravatar associated with this email (gravatar.com)

45. Alan W

Since the changeover my user name shows up as Alan W. Can the 'W' be removed from my user name or do I have to create a new account?

• Jan F

same here FTR

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

There are quite a few users called Alan, so we have to make a call of the balance between privacy and uniqueness. The default was full name, but I cut it down to do initial of surname only.

• Matt S

The system defaults your to first name + initial for privacy reasons.

46. Chinmay S

It looks like you are no longer using Gigya but now are using your own personal reward system.

• Max K

Nah, it's called punchtab.

47. Alan W

Not sure what is going on here but it would seem that I have two accounts, hence the lost points! Can you delete the account Alan Wade and just leave this account?

Given that they're both you, the email associated with the unneeded account would be helpful. Shot some more info over to me, james@ this domain.

48. Alan W

Where did my points go? They were there three hours ago but now all I see is 20!!!

• Rob H

I had the same problem - When I first used MUO I'd logged in with my secondary email address so there were a few points in that and having gone through the "transfer your points" process I only got the few points assigned to that account. Realised and checked then went through the process for the other email account and all is well.

On the whole I'm not happy with what I'm seeing here after the changes so I'll go quiet for a few weeks then come back and see if some semblance of normality has been restored.

49. Ramon Garcia

I am not able to log in. When I click Log in! button it redirects me to this page:

http://www.makeuseof.com/#

and does nothing.

I'm using IE10 on Windows 7 x64

Sounds like youre blocking third party scripts or popups somehow. Do you run system level firewall software? Perhaps you could shoot a screenshot of your full screen over to james@ this domain.

• Ramón G

Thanks, I was able to login after removing cookies. But, now no points are asigned when I share a piece of news.

What I noticed (maybe it's just a local issue) is that Safari 6.0.5 (OS X 10.7.5) does not stay logged in if you disabled third-party cookies.

Didn't have this limitation with the previous system.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

We require third party cookies, yes.

51. Alan W

The post history was important so we could easily follow up our answers, is that likely to return?

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Yes, I'll be adding that soon. Deadlines were a bit tight for transitioning to the new system, so I didn't have time to make it work yet.

I am not able to log in. i don't know why. when i click on log in, i see the animation that is usually shown on giveaway panel (and also haven't been able to enter giveaways for some time now, says "its taking too long to load and asks to reload".) and then the login page goes blank. i keep deleting my cookies but to no avail. please find a solution soon. thank you.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

It sounds like something on your end is blocking the Punchtab scripts. Are you running behind a school/work network, or do you have firewall software installed?

• Julie S

I had the same problem using Google Chrome.

I found that the problem may be due to having plugins set to "Click to play".

I found a workaround:
      Go to Settings | Show advanced settings | Content settings (under Privacy)
      Under Plug-ins, select "Run automatically" and click [Done]
      Log in to MUO
      Go back to Settings | Show advanced settings | Content settings (under Privacy)
      Under Plug-ins, select "Click to play" and click [Done]

I have plugins set for "Click to play" as a security measure, and especially to prevent all those annoying webpages that automatically play Flash. I am not prepared to have plug-ins set to "Run automatically" all the time.

• Tina Sieber

Thank you for sharing your workaround, Julie!

53. Nancy B

I found the new sign in a bit confusing that I actually clicked for a password twice before realizing that it was coming to my email.

I don't like that the badges and weekly leader-boards are gone.

And where did the articles I posted in go? I liked them just being on my home page so I could see if there was any new information, or so I didn't try to re-enter a giveaway that I already had.
    Seems like your profile page now doesn't say too much.

I also liked seeing all awards available not just the ones I qualify for and the t-shirts. That gave me something to shoot for!

Also don't like the new entry system for contests. I don't use Tweeter and by your article you had not to long ago, I shouldn't bother either.
    Rarely use Google + so why would I post something on there?
    And with all the Facebook stuff it is really making some of my friends and family I'm posting so much from this site.

Can we go back to before and just 1 entry and 1 posting?

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

I'll be adding a new profile page soon to find your comments and questions.

But no, we will not be changing the new competition system, it has been very successful and the vast majority of users prefer it. Perhaps you don't like tweeting, but thats something we very much value as it helps the site to grow.

• Chris M

I don't use twitter or G+1 much either. those people that follow me on either (I think its about 6 on each service) I have told that I only use it for things from MUO. It is worth it, to me, to have those accounts if for no other reason than getting bonus points.

• Lisa Santika O

As for the new system for the contest, I don't like it at first but I've softened a bit. See, I too, don't use any of the social media but even I have managed to win a giveaway. I think luck is luck, and to majority of people it's enticing.
      But yeah, I'd like to be able to view all software offerings.

• christinessgriffin

I dont much understand or like the social stuff either, however i am trying to start a small business and i know if i fully understand it it will help my online presense, so basically i think twitter is for twits but if i know how to work it and i get to learn while in the capable hands of makeuseof maybe i will learn something and not make a jackass out of myself. Either way the new giveaway system is more wasted time or a learning experience. christine

Is there a login url in case I need to login through my phone again? I can't see most of my info on the floating bar through my Android device, and clicking on any visible link (which is Profile and Rewards that I can only see) I can't click on or open in a new tab like I used to be able to. I'm logged in now (haven't logged out and back in yet), but not sure for how long I will stay logged in. I use my phone to answer many of the questions in the Ask Tech Help section because I find myself having to leave the house more often than I'd like, and any down time I have I try to answer any question that I can. Thanks.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

There's no URL, the login screen opens in a modal popup. Does that not work for you on mobile?

• Dalsan M

I tried on another browser on my Android phone and the login works fine (except the login with Facebook does not show). Following on Twitter is not really possible through mobile as I noticed, but that isn't as important for me, I'll just have to use my computer for that. I know it takes time to get things working properly and deadlines had to be met for implementing the new system, so we all have to give it time to fully become implemented and working. So far, so good, and thanks for making it easier to login through mobile devices.

55. Kamil K

Hi, will old Qs I asked be transferred too? I used to go under my profile to see old questions I asked but they''re not there - it was (& still is) important to me.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Hi Kamil, I'll be adding in the coming weeks.

56. Christine S

hey tina, its ok i lost my points, some people might mind tho' and where did all my other info go from my email google sign in? and just a heads up, not sure if its my tablet or your new system but i had a helluva time posting to face this morning, im afraid to look i think my comment got all garbled. is that even a word? its like the actual makeuseof page under the posting page moves around... alot and the posting invite page moves slower and well it was just a wee bit difficult.

• Tina Sieber

Christine,

You should not have lost your points.

Please follow the instructions. Returning users who previously used their non Facebook account (e.g. Google) need to use that email address to create a temporary password. Look for the respective link in the text.

Be sure to use the email address you originally used to sign up for an account, not one you added later on.

Do you mean posting a comment on MakeUseOf or posting something on Facebook when sharing a post from MakeUseOf? hanks for the heads-up!

• Sam K

Replaying to Tina's response.

How does ur system know which email I have used when I used to login using Twitter, because ur system fails to recognize my twitter email.

• Tim Brookes

Sam - is it possible you used a different email? I only say this because I used Twitter to login and my email was imported across correctly.

57. Chinmay S

What is happening with points on sharing articles. Only 20 points a day. When i first joined MakeUseOf, i was getting more than 100 points daily but after that around 90, last few weeks around 80 and now only 20. If this is the limit then it will take me 209 more days to reach 20000 points(currently i am having 15810 points).

• Tina Sieber

We are constantly changing how many points are rewarded for what. That's the nature of Gamification - you have to keep it interesting and challenging.

The new login system also changed what can be rewarded. Points required for rewards will be adjusted to keep it fair.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

I'll be adding more ways to get points in the coming weeks, but yes we have limited the sharing points to prevent some of the abuse we were seeing before.

You can however grab 150 easy points right now for following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.

58. Chinmay S

Where have all the softwares gone? I can only see the Top users of all time. Where are the Top Users this week? I can't see the genius points. Earlier description about T-shirts shipping were available but now i can't even figure out whether they are global or country restricted.

• Tina Sieber

Chinmay,

I can only answer some of your question, the rest will have to be addressed by someone else.

We no longer have badges, so there are no sub-leaderboards for Genius etc.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Hi Chinmay, to answer some more of that.. we're still importing the software rewards and expect to have it finished by the end of tomorrow. I'm not sure about restrictions on physical goods.

• Chinmay S

My profile picture is also not visible on this comment.

• Salim B

the new login and reward system is awesome keep up the good work