Do I need additional antivirus when I have Advanced System Optimizer installed?

Shashikant S July 19, 2013

I have “Advanced System Optimizer” installed on my PC. Do I need any additional antivirus programs?

1. Stevan C

No Advanced optimizer much better is microsoft security essentialis or avast.

2. Alan W

Commen sense advice!
    Only ever have ONE antivirus program installed.
    Always have at least three Anti-malware programs installed
    And finally the best advice....
    DONT waste your time on Advanced System Optimizer - it is a sincere waste of time............

it is not recommended to run multiple antivirus with realtime protection because this can really slow pc to Turtle level.

i used Advanced System Optimizer few years ago
    http://www.systweak.com/aso/
    i think Advanced System Protector included do not interfere with full security tools because. It is like malwarbytes antimalware pro and superantispyware pro.
    Still it is best to have another antivirus like avast, panda cloud antivirus....

If you compare the features of Advanced System Optimizer with any free antivirus software say Avast,the protection features offered by antivirus suite is better as they are the dedicated ones.

I would recommend you to go for a Antivirus suite like Avast which nowadays has been coming with features that anyone can find it overwhelming and in some aspects can compare well with Advanced System Optimizer.

I would recommend Advanced SystemCare (IObit software) as a replacement for Advanced System Optimizer as it generally reviews better from at least 3 times more users of the software. I have also used ASC Pro on another machine without issues although I disabled all of its malware functionality and used Norton Internet Security for my primary protection and Malwarebytes for my on-demand backup which I would contantly keep updated but only run once or twice a month to see if there was anything that managed to get by NIS. Even if you choose to use something like one of the paid versions of ASC for your AV/AM software or another free or paid AV product, I would still recommend using the free version of Malwarebytes as part of your extended protection, but do not enable its real-time protection (available as a trial period in the free product) as it will interfere with any other real-time or on-access scanners you have installed.

A tune up software will not be very effective in providing protection like an antivirus would. If you want free options for antivirus, there are plenty to choose from, including the most recommended Avast. Bitdefender apparently has a free version, as well. If you want one of the lightest and quickest antivirus software, try Panda Cloud. If you want a paid version, try Bitdefender Internet Security or Panda Cloud premium.

7. Tim Brookes

I would personally remove that software and install Avast! Anti-Virus instead. This is based purely on personal experience with Avast!, and the fact that I don't associate the name "Advanced System Optimizer" with quality, trustworthy software. I'm not saying it's bad software, but there are better-known widely-used security packages out there that I'd recommend first.

Avast! comes with complete protection from viruses, malware and more. It's completely free and won't bug you to buy it, like some other antivirus packages will. It supports features like sandboxing and daily updates, so you just install, set and forget. You can download it from here: http://www.avast.com/en-au/index

• Justin Pot

I looked it up, and it seems like it's not an antivirus at all. So go with Tim's advice here, Shashikant.