Do I lose the data on my phone when updating from iOS 7 beta to public release?
Question by Anonymous /

I am looking to buy a developers account for Apples Developers Program. However, I currently only have one iOS device to test on.

My question is, if I upgrade this device to iOS 7 beta, and keep updating as the betas progress, when the public release version is released, do I lose the data backed up on the device?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Awesome iPhone Apps
Awesome iPhone Apps
Essential iOS Tips
Essential iOS Tips
Jailbreaking iOS
Jailbreaking iOS
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple TV Tips
Apple TV Tips
iPhone Games Worth Playing
iPhone Games Worth Playing

before anything to backup of iphone in itunes to be sure that you will recover files if anything goes wrong.

Removing iOS 7 Beta.
    http://jamesrichardyorke.wordpress.com/2013/06/12/removing-ios-7-beta/

• Bruce E

When doing a software upgrade on any device, there is always the risk of losing data so you should back it up elsewhere it it is critical prior to doing the update. Be that as it may, I have very rarely lost anything when updating any device in over 25 years.

• Junil M

you might lose data so make sure you backup all your data before upgrading. But, in my opinion, you should not upgrade as one of my friends told me he got lots of bugs when upgraded to io7 beta. most of the apps closed down itself and he could not even take pictures or listen to music.