How do I get iSpeech for Chrome to work?

Alex June 30, 2014

So I just got iSpeech for Chrome and it doesn’t really work because when I highlight a body of text, and I tell the Chrome app to read it to me, no audio plays. I verified that my speakers were on and that sound was coming from Chrome. Please help me figure out this problem.

The one I have suggested above is SpeakIt! for Chrome, and I use it for all my text to speech, and it works like a charm. I just highlight the text I want to hear and click the extension icon like a reverse direction speaker to the windows speaker icon, and it converts o speech. The extension also supports speech to text, so one extension fulfills both needs. Try it : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speakit/pgeolalilifpodheeocdmbhehgnkkbak?hl=en

• Alex

As I stated earlier, I tried SpeakIt! but it had this problem where the speech synthesizer would stop at certain points in the sentence as if there were a period located there. I had no idea why this was happening, but I tried to fix it using Yandex browser, and the same thing happened and the problem was still not fixed. One gentleman on MakeUseOf was telling me that there is no solution to fix the problem with SpeakIt!, and until I know for sure that there is no way to fix iSpeech either, I'm going to keep working to find a solution for the latter.

• Alex

I tried SpeakIt! but it had this problem where the speech synthesizer would stop at certain points in the sentence as if there were a period located there. I had no idea why this was happening, but I tried to fix it using a Yandex browser, and the same thing happened and the problem was still not fixed. One gentleman on MakeUseOf was telling me that there is no solution to fix the problem with SpeakIt!, and until I know for sure that there is no way to fix iSpeech either, I'm going to keep working to find a solution for the latter.

• Alex

Yes. It is exactly that one. I downloaded it from the Chrome Web Store and that is when I started having the problem.

well i installed the extension and tried, selected an article from makeuseof, highlight it the right click and Speek Text, it works on my side. Maybe you have some extensions conflict, perhaps to reinstall chrome.

I've just done a search and I can't find an iSpeech extension for Chrome. Where did you download it from?