Do anonymous email services like Anonmail allow the receiver of the email to respond?

Anonymous October 25, 2013

I was using guerilla mail for anonymous email. If I’m correct, the problem is that if the recipient responds guerilla only keeps the response for an hour and then deletes it. Is there an anonymous email service that works like a regular service and keeps recipient’s responses in an inbox until you delete? Thanks.

1. Ryan Dube

There are lots of free anonymous services out there and they all take different approaches to sending and receiving email. SilentSender is interesting (https://www.silentsender.com/) - you get a number when you send a message, and you can use that number to check the message status and get responses. The recipient does the same thing. So long as you both have the message number you can exchange messages anonymously. I believe storage is 7 days.

If you really want to go crazy, you could set up a TorBox before using an anonymous email service and make it nearly impossible for anyone to ever trace that message back to you even if they were hacked into the anonymous service server. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/browse-email-safely-anonymously-torbox/

I only know of some "temporary inbox" services that will store emails for e.g. 24hours but they won't allow you to send email.

I guess the question is: If emails are stored until you read and delete them, is the service still anonymous? This obviously suggests that the person sending an email is also the person reading answers and if they are stored 'long term' it suggests that the mailbox is mostly accessed by the same person.

You might as-well sign up for a free email service with wrong personal data. It would have the same effect of not giving hints at your personality yet allow it to be traced back to you as you are most likely the only person accessing it.