The display on my screen has tilted sideways. How do I get it back to normal?

Jwig0410 April 26, 2014

I was cleaning my keyboard with a soft rag (dry) and all of a sudden my screen displayed in the horizontal position.
How do I get the screen back in the normal position. It is tough turning my head to the side to view the screen.
John

This happened because there are hot keys configured on your PC to rotate the screen. The combination is usually Ctrl+[Arrow key], so try pressing Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Up etc until you get the right orientation. If this doesn't help, right click on a clear part of the desktop and choose and look for an appropriate option:

• There may be a "Rotate" submenu, which is clear enough
    • There may be a "Graphics properties" (or just "Properties") item, which will take you to a screen where you can change the rotation.
    • Or the item may be named after the software driving your graphics hardware. On my PC, for example it's called "AMD Vision Control Center".

In the first case, you will be able to choose the orientation straight from the menu. In the second or third cases, another window will open and you'll need to find the "rotate" area and choose the correct orientation.