What’s the best way to display a MUO cheatsheet when offline?

macwitty October 9, 2012

Although my screen is quite large there is no space for the cheatsheet when I have multiple programs / windows open. I have tried to print them out, but these papers disappear always. Do you have any tips on how to display them in a good “off-line” way?

Dos programs like Wordperfect 5.1 and dBase III came with a long narrow plastic template that stuck on the keyboard above the function keys with info about what various key combinations such as +F4 did. You could make something like this up with your favourite shortcuts.

2. Macwitty

What I'm looking for is if anyone have a smart way to "display" the cheat sheet. As I wrote when I print them out they disappear among other papers.

Unfortunately, I have no wall in front of the desk so I have nothing to put them on.
    Laminating would be a way but maybe have some other tricks

I ask because sometimes people has very clever solutions, things I never thought about. Like how some came up with the idea to use paper clip to hold cables. (http://lifehacking.nl/kantoor-tips/nooit-meer-je-usb-kabel-achter-het-bureau-verliezen-voor-e1/)

3. Freecycle Me

Actually when I say rotate the screen, I do not mean turn it on its side. If you press ctrl+alt+LeftArrow this will rotate the screen by software. To return to normal press ctrl+alt+UpArrow. Oh, you could laminate you prints.

4. Freecycle Me

Hi, You still are not clear in what you want. If the size of the sheet is larger than you screen, adobe pdf viewer can view the whole page, you can also rotate the screen either through windows or adobe reader. You can save the sheet as a pdf for offline reading. If you lose prints, stick them in a folder by the PC or pop them on the wall.

5. Irshaad Abdool

download the cheatsheets then use them offline

6. Macwitty

Sorry, I didn't put my question clear - I want tips on view the off-screen
    Even if I don't use full screen Photoshop, web browser and so on take all my screen.

7. Dimal Chandrasiri

download the cheat sheets and open it from a pdf viewer. then zoom out.

You can always purchase another monitor have have these cheap sheets displayed on the second monitor.

Or, instead of running the program in full screen, run it 3/4 of the width (or heigh) and for the other 1/4 have the cheat sheet displayed. In Windows 7, you can drag a window to the edge of the screen to split it 1/2