Why does display driver stop responding during video playback?

shailendra kumar February 12, 2010

When video is being played the display driver often stops responding and recovers on its own. The screen goes blue for a brief second and resumes showing the video. Notification appears ‘display driver had stopped responding and recovered’. Am using Vista and quick heal 2010.

1. Albert Sanchez

do you suppose the backlight has anything to do with it?

2. Albert Sanchez

I joined Netflix to get at their streamed videos and watch them on my TV. It worked just the way they said it would however my Dell Laptop display has gone black and the only way I can use my computer is by plugging in another display. No one seems to know what the problem is. I use WIN 7 Pro.

There are a huge number of possibilities, but the first step to take is to check with your video card supplier if there is an updated driver. I have the same problem now and then with an nVidia card, Windows 7 and Windows Media Player. I took the chicken's way out, and just stopped using Media Player wherever possible. :-)