How can I disable Windows Media Center autostart on Windows 7?
Question by Glenn Kinkade /

I am running Windows 7 Professional. When I start the computer the initial desktop is Windows Media Center. How do I prevent Windows Media Center from auto starting. I am using VLC for music files.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Ardian Permana Bekti

all existing programs on my computer when opened that arises iswindows media center, I’ve tried in the same way but still can not.What should I do?

• Ursziakhan

i ahve same probelm kindly giude me…when i open skype it opens with window media centre..all program when i wana open it comes window media centre..i tried the same method but i dont know how to disable it

I recommend that you post a new question. Please click the Ask a Question button, fill in the question form and submit it. Thank you!

You can disable the auto start in Media Center. Open Media Center, then go to > Tasks > Settings > General > Startup and Windows Behavior and uncheck > Start Windows Media Center when Windows starts.

Alternatively, you can go to > Start and type > msconfig into the search field, hit > Enter. The > System Configuration will open. Switch to the > Services tab and uncheck Windows Media Center.

Please let us know whether this answer solved your question. Thank you!

• Glenn Kinkade

I tried the first method. Voila, no more Windows Media Center when Windows starts.

I don’t know why you would call me Lisa, but you do sound like my Mom or Dad. They also call me by my sister’s name. Very strange of you! lol