How can I disable sounds in Google Chrome?

Vikas August 14, 2011

There are many websites which play annoying sounds, how can I disable it in Chrome?

The answer is actually on the homepage

Alternatively, In Windows go to the system tray (default: Bottom right corner) and find the speaker icon. Click the icon and chose the "properties" link or something like that, on the panel that pops up. Then mute "Google Chrome" from there by clicking on the speaker underneath it. 

• cwinse

this option not available to me. went to control panel--> sounds and audio devices--->properties, and no option to mute google chrome or any other browser. do not want to mute computer altogether as i like to listen to music while i play games and surf web, i want to be able to disable sounds from individual web pages.

Open up Chrome & go to a website that is playing sound. Then follow Jeffery's procedure. If a program isn't currently playing a sound or, in some cases, hasn't played a sound since the mixer panel has been opened, it won't show up there.

• cwinse

had my game site open when i did that yesterday, lots of sounds, games, adverts. no dice. going to try this "mutetab" browser extension from/for google chrome.