How can I disable ‘show quoted text’ compression for eMails forwarded in GMail?
Question by Guy Bayly /

In GMail, I have just found that it is compressing my eMails that I forward and puts a message, “Show quoted text” in its place. How can I turn this off?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Best Music Services
Best Music Services

• Imran malaysia

after you click forward button in gmail :
    1. remove the fwd in the subject. select all the content of the email ( ctrl+A)
    2. use the gmail highlight text tool to highlight all the text to any color.(rich format mode)
    3. remove the highlight by applying white highlight.
    4. click the send button.
    5.the show quoted text will not appear in the forwarded msg because we have modified the whole message before sending.
    hope this help… i benn searching the solution for 1 hour in google and i tried this.

Hi
    “Show quoted text” cannot appear in any message unless it is part of a conversation, because there is no quoted text to hide.

There’s an add-on in the lab section of gmail that allows you to change the quoted text options. In “settings” select the “lab” tab and scroll through til you find the quoted text add-on.

or
    by this: changing the subject line. it appears that Gmail will quote text based upon messages sent within the same subject. If you change the subject line, it creates a new conversation and all the included message appears without quoted text

or highlighting some text and clicking REPLY at BOTTOM of message – can be a solution

Try this if you use Chrome (why wouldn’t you?!?!?), install Blank Canvas Gmail Signatures. Once it is installed, you can use HTML to make your Gmail signature. I used Word to create the HTML (don’t ask why…I know it is stupid, but I’m a HTML noob…). This gave me an idea – may be the HTML didn’t specify a color for the black so that it could assume the “normal” color which becomes purple in a reply?

Well, when I added those little tidbits to the HTML for the black text (#000000), the black text in my signature replies now stay black.