Why is there no disable option for caching in my BIOS as suggested by a Windows blue screen I’m getting?

Michael Jenkins August 7, 2012

I’m getting blue screen and I want to disable caching & shadowing in BIOS like the error message suggests. However, when I open BIOS, there’s no option in the menus for caching or shadowing. How can I proceed to disable them?

My computer is a Dell Inspiron N5010 notebook.

Thanks…

1. Jeffery glaysbrook

how can I disable the bios caching and shadowing I went to f2 and there was no system menu option therefor there was no performance option for the bios, is there another way to disable these 2 things. I am using windows 7 xp professional.

2. Jeff Glaysbrook

how can I disable my BIOS cache and shadowing in windows 7 xp professional i already hit f2 and there is no system menu option to hit therefor there is no performance options for the bios

3. Jeff Glaysbrook

I am using Windows XP Professional.

4. Jeff Glaysbrook

I am trying to find way to disable Bios caching and shadowing but my bios does not have Systems menu option therefor there is no options to disable these.
    Is there somewhere else to do this at. I have Dell Inspiron 1150 w/Windows 7.

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to the default or suggested values?

If the problem is in fact BIOS settings related this should certainly solve it. At least I doubt Dell is shipping systems that do not properly work at default settings...

Other then that it would be good to know when this BSOD occurs. Is it a certain software or activity that is causing it? Did you make any software or driver related changes when it started to happen?

6. George Monroe

i would check the manual that comes with the mobo before i went changeing settings.
    also the if you have S.M.A.R.T. see what it says about the health of the hdd.

reset the CMOS battery or replace it with new one

perhaps the problem is not in the bios shadowing and caching, but instead can be hardware issues, Do check for updates to the BIOS and drivers