How can I disable default WordPress comments and show Facebook comments only?

terry March 1, 2011

I am now using Facebook comments after having used Disqus for quite some time. However, I have the Facebook comments plugin underneath posts, and underneath that I have the default WordPress commenting system. How do I disable the WordPress one?

I have disabled comments for posts, but that also removes Facebook comments as well.

Terry,

did the steps above work for you and were you able to disable WordPress comments? Please let us know how you did it or if you need more help. Thank you!

You should be able to simply check the "Allow Facebook comments only" to hide the WordPress comment box.

The Hide WordPress comments feature isn't working.
    Certain themes may name the element containing the WordPress comments differently. This plugin simply uses CSS to hide the following elements:

?#respond
    ?#commentform
    ?#addcomment
    ?.entry-comments
    If your WordPress comments aren't being hidden, you may need to add a new ID or class to /css/facebook-comments-hidewpcomments.css file.

: just rename the wp-content/plugins/ folder.
    You will have to manually reactivate the plugins after you rename the plugins folder back to its original name, but all plugin options are preserved too.

Enable & Disable Comments
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/enable-disable-comments/

1. Open index.php and remove this:

?1
    2. Open single.php and remove this:

?1
    3. Open archive.php and remove this:

?1